Scariest Books

Recommendations, discussions, and odes to your favorites
abc

Scariest Books

Post by abc » June 2nd, 2017, 7:41 pm

I want to read more horror, but creepy horror not gory horror. What are some of y'alls favorites? I recently read Harvest Home, which was spooky enough. Penpal = super spooky. I do like John Connolly. What are some hidden gems out there. The spookiest and the creepiest?

Bryanj62

Re: Scariest Books

Post by Bryanj62 » June 13th, 2017, 12:05 am

IT by Stephen King. Not a hidden gem. It is simply one of the finest novels ever written.

amsadeghi

Post by amsadeghi » June 13th, 2017, 4:16 pm

Here is one of the scariest books I've read:

The Elementals Last time I checked it was out of print. I don't remember the author.

The Shining is another by Stephen King. His book Cujo was very frightening especially when you are in the mother's head who is trapped in the car with her child, and the rabid dog is outside..

aria99

Post by aria99 » November 21st, 2017, 4:52 am

amsadeghi wrote: June 13th, 2017, 4:16 pm Here is one of the scariest books I've read:

The Elementals Last time I checked it was out of print. I don't remember the author.

The Shining is another by Stephen King. His book Cujo was very frightening especially when you are in the mother's head who is trapped in the car with her child, and the rabid dog is outside..
Ditto on the shining. Scariest book I've ever read so far. This tale of the Torrance Family and the supernatural and human elements involved in the plot makes it a masterpiece. I consider this the best out of all the books by Stephen King.

constharper

Post by constharper » August 29th, 2019, 10:48 am

Almost all written by Stephen King.

Shilden_T72

Post by Shilden_T72 » October 23rd, 2019, 12:28 pm

Honestly?
Arkady Babchenko's One Solidier's War, anything about the Nazi concentration camps, about the Leningrad blockade, or about the 30 Years War.
No horror book ever came anything close to that.