I've Just Published My First Children's Book!

Recommendations, discussions, and odes to your favorites
restcity

I've Just Published My First Children's Book!

Post by restcity » May 5th, 2022, 9:28 am

My name is Shila Williams, and I’ve had a passion for writing and drawing ever since I could spell. I grew up in North Carolina, as well as lived and traveled abroad. I write to inspire kids' minds to imagine and take them on a fun and adventurous journey.

I’ve recently just self-published my very first book, a children’s book, written and illustrated by yours truly! This book has changed me from being just a writer to an author!

This book actually started out as a homeschool project given to me by my mother when I was 13, and at first I had written and drew out the story on paper, which had taken a few months. It was a few years later when my Dad inspired me and really pushed me to turn the project into a real book and publish it. So I took a few days of doing almost nothing else but digitally drawing the art for my book, got it finished, and published it!

Imagination is the story of kids who use their imagination to be anything they please! The pictures were all digitally drawn by me.

This book will be for beginner readers, so if you have a niece, nephew, son, daughter, or anybody who’s just starting out reading, this book is for them!

Imagination could also be a great way to teach young children new words while feeding their imaginations!

Please support my debut book! Check it out here on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/Imagination-Shil ... 173&sr=8-1

dorisbecker

Re: I've Just Published My First Children's Book!

Post by dorisbecker » February 19th, 2024, 4:32 am

I brought this book and read it to my 6 year old. We loved the book. As I read the words he described the characters in photos. I recommend anyone with small children to purchase this children's book. :)

restcity

Re: I've Just Published My First Children's Book!

Post by restcity » February 21st, 2024, 7:06 am

Dorisbecker I'm overjoyed you and your son liked the book! Thank you for supporting my book! 😊