Indie Snippets

Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and promoting your book on the Internet
longknife

Indie Snippets

Post by longknife » October 7th, 2011, 5:05 pm

This is a great place to publicize your indie works - Indie Snippetshttp://indiesnippets.blogspot.com/2011/ ... e-day.html

From "Follow the Raven" by Dale Day
from Indie Snippets by Bryan R. Dennis

In the hidden abode of the last Druid...

The scene in the mirror changed as the raven left its perch above the palisade tower and flew to the bodies.

Ian felt alarm. Would the raven feast upon his loved ones?

Raghnall returned as the scavenger hopped close to Meoc, peering into the face.

“He is smiling,” Ian murmured.

The bird then hopped to Aine’s body, showing that she too had died with a smile upon her lips and peace on her countenance.

“They are at peace, Milord. They are with your parents.”

“Do not call me that!” Ian ordered, instantly recanting speaking to his teacher in that manner.
“What then am I to call you?”

“What you have called me all my life,” Ian responded. “I am not yet ready to bear such a title. I am nothing but an ignorant shepherd and notworthy of being given such a title.”

Raghnall smiled. “You are indeed like your father. He too did not like the honorifics, preferring to be called by his name.”

“Although I only did so when we were alone,” the druid added.

From "Blood in the Meadows" by Dale Day
from Indie Snippets by Bryan R. Dennis

In a new condominium tower in North Las Vegas...

“Calmate, Roberto. The money makes it all worthwhile. She is young and will get over it.”

The gunman looked at his friend and didn’t say a word. He knew it would do no good. Girls meant nothing in his society, only something to be used. Their age counted little.

However, the abused girl was Roberto’s baby sister and he had looked after her from the time she lay in her crib. In addition, she looked up to him with total trust.

I have betrayed her. She will never be the same and will remember this terrible time forever.

The fact that she would have a huge amount of money for her future did not count.

How can that arrogant pig desire a baby? His wealth gives him any woman he wants. Why my little Magdalena?”

Roberto blamed himself. His Highness had ranted through the suite, demanding better food and wine. He quickly tired of the five call girls brought to him, finding them insufficient for his voracious appetitive.

And, to make matters worse, he used a great deal of the white powder, something no sane drug dealer did.

Nobody dared complain or even suggest he acted wrongly. He was, unfortunately, the only son of The Don, the heir to the drug empire. He instantly killed anybody who dared confront him or even hint at anything out of the ordinary.

“So, teacher, what do we now do?”

“We leave this place for somewhere safe.”

longknife

Re: Indie Snippets

Post by longknife » May 8th, 2015, 2:54 pm

009hnoor wrote:The gunman looked at his friend and didn’t say a word. He knew it would do no good. Girls meant nothing in his society, only something to be used. Their age counted little.
However, the abused girl was Roberto’s baby sister and he had looked after her from the time she lay in her crib. In addition, she looked up to him with total trust.
Very nice. Sets a good tone and draws interest.
Drop by Father Serra's Legacy http://msgdaleday.blogspot.com. Comments always eagerly awaited - but only if you find the item interesting enough to respond to.