I have a blog. Now what do I do with it?

Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and promoting your book on the Internet
Patrick Neylan

Re: I have a blog. Now what do I do with it?

Post by Patrick Neylan » May 20th, 2011, 1:09 pm

One advantage of blogging first and finding your way later is that you'll find clues based on what you write. I use Google's Blogger site, for no better reason than it was the first site that came to mind.

When you look at the site statistics, you'll find tucked away at the bottom a list of Google keywords that brought readers to the site. I noticed today that someone had searched for "difference between last and past". Now, I'd only mentioned it briefly without explaining it, but it was enough to bring a reader to the blog. Now I know I need to do a post about it.

longknife

Post by longknife » May 21st, 2011, 11:39 am

I "followed" both.
Just noticed the tags - I've done it on some and forgotten to do it on others.

There's so much darned stuff about these blogs, it's enough to drive one nuts. All I wanted to do from the start was WRITE!!!
Now, I find I have to do all this other stuff that takes time away from my writing.

hektorkarl

Post by hektorkarl » May 21st, 2011, 1:24 pm

lvcabbie wrote:There's so much darned stuff about these blogs, it's enough to drive one nuts. All I wanted to do from the start was WRITE!!!
Now, I find I have to do all this other stuff that takes time away from my writing.
Agreed. A blog is a complex creature. I think everyone, to some extent, has to learn as they go.

carols

Post by carols » September 24th, 2012, 12:25 pm

well you can write on your blog. find a topic which you like the most and write about it. and you can also use it for earning money such as adsense