When should you start marketing your book?

Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and promoting your book on the Internet
booklaunch

When should you start marketing your book?

Post by booklaunch » May 19th, 2015, 6:35 pm

How far out from "Launch Day" are most authors starting to market their books?

The team at Booklaunch thinks the sooner the better and we created this blog post that highlights the 3 reasons we think you should start marketing your book TODAY.

http://blog.booklaunch.io/its-never-too ... your-book/

Would love to know what everyone thinks.

--
Learn more about Booklaunch at https://booklaunch.io

Mateussots

Re: When should you start marketing your book?

Post by Mateussots » April 13th, 2017, 10:06 am

I guess it depends on a lot of things. If you have some active social media channels you can easily start promoting your book while you write it. Simply documenting process of writing the book on instagram or something will for sure make more people aware of your creation :) thats a good start
You grow up the day you have the first real laugh at yourself.

restcity

Post by restcity » May 10th, 2022, 9:28 am

I think you should start marketing your book before it's even out to build an audience early.

I just self-published my Children's book Imagination, and I know if I had went on my social medias and posted that it was about to come out and built a hype around it before it came out, I would have had people waiting on it rather than just marketing it once it came out.

Bottom line: if you've got social media pages now, and your book is about to come out, talk about your book before it even comes out, and you can give yourself and audience early.

Vishnu

Post by Vishnu » December 8th, 2022, 12:09 am

It is important to begin marketing your book as soon as possible. Start with setting up a website and social media accounts, and then create a marketing plan and start executing it. This will help you to create a buzz around your book and generate interest from potential readers.FM Whatsapp

Qwerty

Post by Qwerty » December 14th, 2022, 3:41 pm

I was told that marketing can exist without promotion, but promotion cannot exist without marketing. Marketing is selling yourself, whereas promotion is selling your book. I've been trying to do both with social media and my website, but it's a struggle, that's for sure.