Nomination for blog: Occupy Writers

Questions for the resident (former) agent
Rachel Ventura

Nomination for blog: Occupy Writers

Post by Rachel Ventura » November 1st, 2011, 12:41 am

Dear Mr. Bransford,

The Occupy Movement (which started as Occupy Wall Street but has since gained momentum in several other locations in the U.S. and worldwide) has attracted a long list of authors, poets, and other people involved in the publishing world to its cause, championing the interests of the common folk in the face of increasing corporate greed. A number of notable figures have put their names on this list, including U.S. Poet Laureate Billy Collins, Pulitzer Prize winner Jennifer Egan, acclaimed playwright Eve Ensler, feminist psychologist Clarissa Pinkola Estes, and bestselling children's/YA novelist Lemony Snicket (nee Daniel Handler), among hundreds upon hundreds of others.

Could you pass along this link to the Occupy Writers site and offer exposure to the list on your blog? Proving that the pen is mightier than the sword...and even the billion-dollar paychecks that Corporate America gobbles up like candy. :)
We, the undersigned writers and all who will join us, support Occupy Wall Street and the Occupy Movement around the world.
http://occupywriters.com/

Mira

Re: Nomination for blog: Occupy Writers

Post by Mira » November 5th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Cool!!

Right on, writers!

Rachel Ventura

Re: Nomination for blog: Occupy Writers

Post by Rachel Ventura » November 5th, 2011, 9:05 pm

Also, today is V-day -- Vendetta day, aka Guy Fawkes Day as featured in the movie V for Vendetta, the eponymous single-initialed (anti)hero wearing the mask most reminiscent of the 17th-century British folk legend.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November,
Gunpowder, treason, and plot!
I see no reason why the Fifth of November
Should ever be forgot.
In the spirit of the "support group" that can only best be referred to as Anonymous Anonymous (though it's not a 12-step "quitting" program by any means), I give you...a grand overture.

(My computer's video is not displaying the revolutionary star. In case of technical difficulties, I hope the fire...works.) ;)

¡Viva Vendetta!