I am a very old dog .....

Questions for the resident (former) agent
captflash80

I am a very old dog .....

Post by captflash80 » October 26th, 2017, 1:50 pm

Perhaps old dogs are out of fashion and if so that's ok. Truth be told, I'm far more interested in becoming a better writer than a selling writer, but I'm running out of time. I'll soon reach the magic age of 80 and still functioning. That being said, as life is a variable, so to is my situation which could change at any time. I write for the benefit of my children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren; I think you get the idea. Whether or not they come to enjoy what I create is up to them and their taste in literature. What in your opinion is the hot genre of this generation, I'd like to be read before dead. Thanks for your time and input. JBB

Nathan Bransford

Re: I am a very old dog .....

Post by Nathan Bransford » November 17th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Don't worry about the flavor of the moment. Instead, write what you love, make it as good as possible, and let the chips fall where they may!

J. T. SHEA

Re: I am a very old dog .....

Post by J. T. SHEA » November 17th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Nathan is right. Helen Hoover Santmyer's huge novel “...AND THE LADIES OF THE CLUB” was published when she was 87 and sold over 2 million copies in paperback alone. There is no real flavor of the moment, since each moment has many flavors, which will change before any novel begun now is published. But a good novel will always taste good.