help selecting a print-on-demand publisher

Questions for the resident (former) agent
jerrywa0h

help selecting a print-on-demand publisher

Post by jerrywa0h » March 4th, 2018, 11:27 am

hi

after 55 years of being a professional computer programmer, i took a break and wrote a math book for people who want to learn a little more math.

i am now ready to try and find a print-on-demand publisher who can produce hardcover books and make them available to places like Amazon, BarnesandNoble, etc.

i have talked to sales reps for (bookbaby), (lulu), (outskirtpress), and (xlibris) .. they are the most high-pressure salespeople i have ever talked with .. do they all work for the same telemarketing company that then assigns them to different publishers?

all the (pod) publishers have a lot of negative feedback on the internet .. there seems to be a lot of beginning authors who felt like they were cheated .. i don’t want the publishing of my book to end up being a horrible experience .. at 77 years old i don’t need the stress.

i don’t want to publish it myself, i need to get back to writing and selling software.

any advice as to how i can select a (print-on-demand) publisher would be greatly appreciated.

please respond by email if you can.

thanks for your time

jerry gentry
jerrywa0h@sbcglobal.net
417-883-9326
www.wa0h.com (0 is the number zero)

Nathan Bransford

Re: help selecting a print-on-demand publisher

Post by Nathan Bransford » March 4th, 2018, 11:53 am

Hi Jerry,

Are you dead-set on hardcover? I would check out CreateSpace and Ingram Spark, where the publishing process is pretty straightforward.