The Coffee Shop - SEPTEMBER

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
dios4vida

Re: The Coffee Shop - SEPTEMBER

Post by dios4vida » September 8th, 2012, 10:21 am

Sommer Leigh wrote:Well, the cardiologist said my heart is perfect and healthy and beautiful. ("Well of course!" I told him. "I'm awesome.")

Of course that means we're back to the drawing board. CT Scan next week. This is going to be a very long weekend.
Yay and Boo. So so so glad it isn't your heart - but not knowing is often just as bad. I know, it took me over five years of wondering and two years of constant doctors to get diagnosed. Still praying for you, Sommer, good luck with the CT (Sanderling's right, those are nothing!), and CUPCAKES!! WITH YUMMY FROSTING!! AND SPRINKLES!! :)
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Beethovenfan

Post by Beethovenfan » September 14th, 2012, 2:15 pm

So Sommer. How are things? It's been a week since "THE DAY." Just wondering how you are holding up.

On to other things, my writing has withered almost to a stand still. School is back in session and I have been busy keeping my sons going with their work. One of them is home-schooled and it takes literally my entire day to make sure he gets everything done. *sigh* But we will get into a routine soon and hoepfully I will get back to mine!
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » September 19th, 2012, 12:45 pm

Beethovenfan wrote:So Sommer. How are things? It's been a week since "THE DAY." Just wondering how you are holding up.

On to other things, my writing has withered almost to a stand still. School is back in session and I have been busy keeping my sons going with their work. One of them is home-schooled and it takes literally my entire day to make sure he gets everything done. *sigh* But we will get into a routine soon and hoepfully I will get back to mine!
Thank you for the concern :-) I'm doing ok. Not sleeping great still but I haven't had any of the symptoms in the last week. All my blood tests came up fine. We're holding on the CT scan until whatever was happening happens again, then I'm off to get scanned.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

JohnDurvin

Post by JohnDurvin » October 13th, 2012, 9:50 pm

Remember in "Wayne's World" when Wayne pointed out "Dick York, Dick Sergeant, Sergeant York"? Well how about this:
Bill Clinton, George Bush, George Clinton (funk musician), Billy Bush (TV personality and radio host). Can anybody else think of any? I thought about starting a whole "procrastination" thread for this, but it took me a while to come up with that one.
Everybody loves using things as other things, right? Check out my blog at the Cromulent Bricoleur and see one hipster's approach to recycling, upcycling, and alterna-cycling (which is a word I just made up).