What are you writing now?

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
charlotte49ers

Re: What are you writing now?

Post by charlotte49ers » April 7th, 2010, 11:46 pm

I'm getting distracted and writing a contemporary YA. I'm really excited about it!

KellyWittmann

Post by KellyWittmann » April 8th, 2010, 5:34 pm

Well, I am supposed to be working on a YA novel, but I just got hired to co-write a book about the Bible. So that will probably be taking up most of my time for the next three or four months.

http://www.fiveagentsandafuneral.com

Jsee

Post by Jsee » April 9th, 2010, 1:04 pm

Mainstream fiction in a psuedo-literary style (i.e. big words that sound smart together but within an easily accessible, engaging plot and well-developed, interesting characters). Set at Ivy League law school, written by a graduate of said Ivy League law school.

Robin

Post by Robin » April 9th, 2010, 1:38 pm

A romance novel (leaning toward general fiction with romance) with a Greek Mythological retelling.
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

http://www.RobynLucas.com/

Emily J

Post by Emily J » April 9th, 2010, 3:26 pm

Robin wrote:A romance novel (leaning toward general fiction with romance) with a Greek Mythological retelling.
That sounds awesome! *is a huge greek mythology nerd*

I have taken a break from writing YA fantasy and have started a Sci-Fi novel. I wasn't intending to, it was just one of those ideas that takes hold of you. I had planned to just jot down a few notes but that turned into a few chapters. I really like how it's shaping up so far *crosses fingers*

Robin

Post by Robin » April 9th, 2010, 3:38 pm

Thanks Emily! If you want I can send you a little synopsis and you can tell me (honestly) what you think, being a "huge greek mythology nerd" :)
I love sci- fi. What kind are you writing? Alien/ Planet- Destroying?
Robin
"A glass slipper is only a shoe. Dreamers who only dream never have their dreams come true."

Emily J

Post by Emily J » April 9th, 2010, 4:38 pm

I would be happy to read your synopsis! You can either post it or message me, either way.

And I am not kidding about being a big Greek mythology nerd, when I was a kid I had a copy of Bulfinch's Mythology that weighed more than I did!

As for my Sci-Fi WIP, it's not typical Sci-Fi, there are no aliens, it's a bit more like literary fiction. More "Never Let Me Go" than "The Island" if that makes sense. I guess a good way to describe it would be like "The Giver" in space, strange as that may sound!

Robin

Post by Robin » April 9th, 2010, 5:35 pm

Emily- "The Giver in space" okay... I really want to know more now! It sounds quite interesting.
Robin

bronwyn1

Post by bronwyn1 » April 13th, 2010, 7:14 pm

Oh lord, I'm juggling editing my completed YA MS + an idea for adult fiction + a really really epic and ambitious idea for a work of literary fiction. The latter, I hope I can finish and not get too discouraged by what I'm trying to attempt (which is like 3-4 different POVs, three of which are in third limited and one that's in first. Yeah, I know xDD)

kristi

Post by kristi » April 14th, 2010, 10:52 am

As I chronically revise my YA urban fantasy, I'm also working on a new wip - also YA urban fantasy. I thought I'd pick a genre that no one else is writing. :)