The Coffee Shop - AUGUST

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Claudie

Re: The Coffee Shop - AUGUST

Post by Claudie » August 29th, 2012, 7:01 pm

Well, August for me is one of those months that doesn't look productive... and hasn't been, ha! I ran into problems with Part 4 that'll demand time to solve and I had to stop and begin doing classwork again. Since then I have been writing, but all on school stuff (it's still fiction though) and I slowed down a lot. I have a big month ahead and I plan to restart on my French fiction novel in october-november.

For the record, my fav teacher said he was eager to read me again, especially "on paper" (and he mimicked flipping pages in a book) and repeated that if I ever needed help of any kind, he'd be glad to answer questions, etc.
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

Beethovenfan

Re: The Coffee Shop - AUGUST

Post by Beethovenfan » August 30th, 2012, 1:26 am

Claudie wrote:For the record, my fav teacher said he was eager to read me again, especially "on paper" (and he mimicked flipping pages in a book) and repeated that if I ever needed help of any kind, he'd be glad to answer questions, etc.
This one could qualify for the "Squee Good News" thread! Good for you! It's that sort of thing that can help reignite those writing fires.
August wasn't all the productive for me either. But, I keep plugging along, doing critiques, edits, the occasional paragraph or two in my WIP. :/
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven