A different way to character build?

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Paul O'Brien

A different way to character build?

Post by Paul O'Brien » June 1st, 2012, 11:44 am

Hi everyone. Long time no post. I've just written a blog on my site that might help knock some rust lose in the character building department. http://www.paulobrien.info/blog_section ... 8ji6ZlYtUM

Check it out if you think it might be of any use to you!

polymath

Re: A different way to character build?

Post by polymath » June 1st, 2012, 5:25 pm

Thinking, feeling, and behavior sequences are parallel to writing modes, introspection, emotion, and action in particular, The writing modes: Description, Introspection, Action, Narration, Emotion, Sensation, Summarization, Exposition, Conversation, Recollection, Explanation, and Transition, DIANE'S SECRET.

It's also worth noting Sigmund Freud's psychoanalytical theories derived from studying literature, notably, Sophocles' Oedipus at Colonus.

Lest I neglect Caustion's cause and effect, action and reaction, and first cause and last effect; Tension's empathy (caring about what will happen), and suspense (curiosity about what will happen); and Antagonism's dramatic complication of a problem wanting satisfaction (Antagonism, Causation, Tension: ACT) for developing Setting and Plot and Idea and Character and Event and Discourse, SPICED.

Put it all together for an emotionally stimulating narrative: DIANE'S SECRET SPICED ACT.
Spread the love of written word.

robertpiazza

Re: A different way to character build?

Post by robertpiazza » July 7th, 2012, 7:10 am

yes, it is very helpful.. and Decide what you must change in your behavior to align your life more closely to what you believe..Be conscious every day of the decisions you make, however big or small, and how close they bring you to being the person you really want to become.