For those who assume the teen of today resembles the you of yesterday, think again.
Grab voice recorder, printer, even pen and paper will do. Pay attention, this is a one time only occurrence and there’s not much time (Gossip Girl comes on in ten minutes). Welcome to the minds of millennial teenagers…
- If we can’t find it on Wikipedia, it does not exist.
- If we can’t find you on Facebook, you do not exist.
- Fame is just a YouTube account away.
- Make fun of Miley Cyrus all you want, but Taylor Swift is off-limits.
- Yes, we realize this shirt costs twenty-five dollars more because it’s from Nike. No, we don’t care. And that will be credit, please.
- Got an idea? Too bad. There’s already an app for that.
- Cassette what?
- Every partner we will ever have will be compared to Edward Cullen.
- Onomatopoeia works. How else do you think RAH RAH AH AH AH ROMA ROMAMA GAGA OOH LA LA got popular?
- If we knew the element symbols on the periodic table like we know chatspeak abbreviations, we’d all be biochemists.
- If we knew the major works of Shakespeare like we know quotes from Superbad, we’d all be literature professors.
- We cannot relate to a lot of the characters, nor most of the scenarios, but we love The Office.
- Every movie Will Ferrell has ever been in is GREAT.
- Put i in front of iAnything and we might iBuy it.
- Our appreciation of British culture has been reinstated through Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson.
- Our innermost thoughts, feelings, and desires are just a URL away (don’t forget the blogspot.com at the end!)
- Yeah, we know Jersey Shore kills brain cells. Yet, we cannot tear ourselves away.
- Guy liner is so fetch.
- All news reaches us via John Stewart and Stephen Colbert.
- The Simpsons did it clean. Family Guy plays dirty.
- A day without internet is worse than a day without sunshine.
- We don’t know what a Hollaback Girl is either.
- If Apple builds it, we will come (even it’s only slightly tweeked from last year’s version).
- Conan O'who? Oh, you mean Coco, right?
- Txt m3, tweet m3, if you wanna reach me.
- We survived Y2K, Bird Flu, Mad Cow, 9/11 and Swine Flu. 2012, here we come!
But remember, you didn’t hear it from me.