Stuck .....

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Mark.W.Carson

Re: Stuck .....

Post by Mark.W.Carson » March 21st, 2012, 11:53 am

The Mark 23 is a handgun, though it is a primary defense/offense weapon. Normally, it is reserved for special forces. You mention a Steyr, but that's like saying a Ford. Is it a mustang, or a pickup truck? Steyr makes anything from sniper rifles to handheld pistols, and guns for transit vehicles.

The FN P90 is a submachine gun that shoots an armor piercing small round that also fits with the FN FiveSeven, but does so VERY quickly, and will release a lot of ammo quickly. (Let me guess, you're a Counter Strike player.) The weapon is mostly used by guards in the air force.

I am unfamiliar with the shotgun mentioned, but if you are talking military, you should think Benelli or Remington.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » March 22nd, 2012, 1:25 pm

I always like the quick witted Macgyver (sp?) like solutions using the environment. Is there an old gas line that is still active? A giant water tank that can be upended? A section of flooring or roof that can topple easily?

Peruse some video and pictures of old jails for some ideas or go to an old building with exposed plumbing, etc for some inspiration.

Just a few quick thoughts while I procrastinate doing tax crap. I sure spend a lot of time justifying that I don't make much.
My love of fly fishing and surfing connects me to rivers and the ocean. Time with water reminds me to pursue those silly little streams of thought that run rampant in my head.
http://www.withoutrain.com/

Mira

Post by Mira » March 24th, 2012, 4:06 pm

OMG, this thread is awesome. I'm in awe of the zombie killing expertise. :D

So, this may not be that helpful, but one of the things I loved about J.K. Rowling's books is she always solved her problems with magic, so I had trouble anticipating the solution. I don't know if it would fit with your genre, but is there anything specific to the world you have created - mind powers, special insects, zombie habits (like when they sleep or mutate or something), energy nodes, stuff like that.

Sounds fun, I hope you let us know how the soldiers finally get rid of those pesky zombies.

Mark.W.Carson

Post by Mark.W.Carson » March 27th, 2012, 10:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQWb-5nblx4

That's real ammo. It's the same as their normal ammo, but for more novelty purposes.

Hope they have some :).

By the way, you mentioned "A Medusa." What do you mean by that? There was only one, and that was her name. She was a gorgon. You might want to change Medusa to Gorgon :).