Idealism vs. Conspiracy

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Fenris

Re: Idealism vs. Conspiracy

Post by Fenris » October 5th, 2011, 3:53 pm

MattLarkin wrote:Um, wouldn't be easier to just use utter disaster when you need it, rather than limit yourself to the die roll?
In some cases, yes. But keep in mind that the setting might not be appropriate for, say, a full-scale tidal wave to come out of nowhere, plus it would get a bit repetitive after a while. "Oh look, another gateway to Hell. What a surprise."
Hi, my name's Fenris. I'm a thousand-year-old monster who's broken free to destroy the world. Your kids will love me!

GingerWrite

Post by GingerWrite » October 5th, 2011, 11:06 pm

But that first time it sure would be a shocker! Imagine, in the middle of a baseball game and WHAM, tidal wave. Now that's an attention grabber :P
"The more you read, the more you know. The more you know, the more you grow." - Dr. Suess
Worlds can grow and crumble beneath a writer's pen. We just need to find the right one.
http://startingonthewritepage.blogspot.com/ :)

Fenris

Post by Fenris » October 6th, 2011, 10:07 am

GingerWrite wrote:But that first time it sure would be a shocker! Imagine, in the middle of a baseball game and WHAM, tidal wave. Now that's an attention grabber :P
Haha true enough. Or if gravity suddenly reversed...
Hi, my name's Fenris. I'm a thousand-year-old monster who's broken free to destroy the world. Your kids will love me!