Writing Play

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Writecastlesinthesky

Writing Play

Post by Writecastlesinthesky » August 2nd, 2011, 2:02 pm

A few weeks ago I took Amiee up on a writing prompt she put out for a blog contest. Super thrilled to discover that I have been honored as the winner. Check out the post http://aimeebeatricejodoin.blogspot.com ... st-is.html for a bit of fun. As so many people have had fun with the 250 word Sharathon. I wonder if we might begin more actively sharing writing? Its wonderful to see what people have in their heads!

Sanderling

Re: Writing Play

Post by Sanderling » August 2nd, 2011, 9:18 pm

Congratulations! It's really thrilling to have one's work selected like that.
I agree it's been a lot of fun seeing what everyone's working on in the sharathon. There is actually a section of the forums for posting excerpts and receiving feedback, if you're interested in reading more from among our ranks.
viewforum.php?f=15
My blog / Twitter
"Because if you have at least a modicum of talent and if you live by these six rules, you will make it."
--Robert J. Sawyer, speaking here of Heinlein's Rules.

Aimée

Post by Aimée » August 2nd, 2011, 9:56 pm

I love reading other peoples' writing and I enjoy hearing what people have to say about mine. The excerpt section of the forums is a wonderful place, a continuous sharathon, but it seems as though it doesn't get much traffic... I usually don't have time to both read and offer a critique, but I do try to read the excerpts.

Writecastlesinthesky

Post by Writecastlesinthesky » August 3rd, 2011, 10:12 am

I agre with Aimee. I know where the critique forums are. But they just don't seem nearly as useful as the upper sections.