appology!

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
washingtonwriter1968

appology!

Post by washingtonwriter1968 » July 18th, 2011, 11:05 am

:oops: Guys I am so sorry Looking at the boards at one point yesterday I realized that it was mainly my name as last posted.
I realized that in my excitement to finally meet like-minded writers Began to pepper the boards with comments and questions even at one point nearly hi-jacking another persons thread. I apologize and I will do my best not to repeat this. Please pardon my ill-mannered, rude, behavior. :oops:
Washington Writer
Thx 4 your time
http://washington1968.livejournal.com/

dios4vida

Re: appology!

Post by dios4vida » July 18th, 2011, 12:26 pm

Don't worry about it, washingtonwriter. We've all done it. You should see some of the tangets we've taken on a hijacked thread. Read through a few of the exceptionally long ones and you'll realize that it's not you. It's all of us. The whole writer's conference/meet-n-greet we're planning in the procrastination forum came about from a hijacked thread.

And about seeing your name everywhere? There's nothing wrong with that! I can't speak for everyone but personally, I can feel your enthusiasm about the forums and writing in general and I think it's wonderful. We're super lax around here and don't have strict rules of etiquette like that. You're among friends and other "OMG SPARKLY I WANT THIS THREAD & I'LL REPLY TO EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE" writers. So please, carry on asking questions and commenting here and there and everywhere. We like it. :) (There's a reason some of us have 500, 800, 1000+ posts on here, after all!)

In other words, take off your shoes, have a cookie, and welcome home to the Bransforums!!
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Cookie

Post by Cookie » July 18th, 2011, 12:53 pm

*Presents a plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.*

What Dios4vida said.

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » July 18th, 2011, 4:40 pm

Oh gosh, don't apologize! And don't feel worried about being too active or too interested or too full of questions. We don't mind. There are some mornings where all the threads are excellent and I comment on all of them. Really, no one around here will be like, "Man, that washingtonwriter is WAY too active." :-)

And what dios4vida said: sometimes threads get hijacked. Everyone is pretty good natured about it. Sometimes there are several conversations going on at the same time in a thread, othertimes someone will break off and start a new thread in a more appropriate place. It happens. No one here bites.

Except maybe Margo. She also raises elder gods and sets things on fire, so really it's not so surprising.
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » July 18th, 2011, 6:07 pm

[raises up from the lurker grass]

:geek:

[goes back down again]

[shuffle]

I saw nothing.
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.

CharleeVale

Post by CharleeVale » July 18th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Haha, again with everyone else, I can say we've all done it. When we first get here, the Bransforum is the shiny fairytale castle of the writing community. I know I wanted to go jump on all the beds all at once, Pretty Woman style. So don't worry about it.

Also, search through the back log of posts that have been here since the beginning of time. I know I learned a lot by searching the forums, and especially the not-so-recent threads.

CV

washingtonwriter1968

Post by washingtonwriter1968 » July 19th, 2011, 12:20 am

Thanks everyone. I accept the cookies and will smile and go check out some more of the oldies and goodies you all suggested!
Washington Writer
Thx 4 your time
http://washington1968.livejournal.com/