Oh Crap Breast Cancer

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Claudie

Re: Oh Crap Breast Cancer

Post by Claudie » August 15th, 2012, 11:37 pm

We should have a party. With cake and everything. I mean, every excuse is good for a party, and this seems like a VERY VERY good one!

(welcome back! :))
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

bcomet

Post by bcomet » August 19th, 2012, 9:17 pm

I Love Parties! :-D

Lewis591

Post by Lewis591 » September 19th, 2012, 11:23 pm

As already started, if your family has a history of breast cancer, then I highly suggest getting a mammogram and/or a clinical exam, around age 40. There are many factors that could indicate cancer, such as the position and size, around your breast. If you can get a mammogram done once a year, that is a considerable cause of preventative measures.

bcomet

Post by bcomet » September 25th, 2012, 3:09 am

And then the BIG test: the one that says, did I *really* make it through or is it back? (usually one year but for me, 14 months).

YEA! YEA! YEA! YEA! YEA!

We got the news today!!!! Made it through.

It's like LIFE and ART TOO have got the BIG green light. And for so many things that were on hold, let the water run through. Let the flow continue.

Boy, oh boy, have I learned a LOT about a LOT. And I am VERY grateful for ALL the Support I've had here.

Thank you all again and again. There is nothing like kindness. I will never ever forget it. Thank you.

Beethovenfan

Post by Beethovenfan » September 25th, 2012, 11:53 am

Yay! I'm so glad for you. I bet it was a stressful kind of wait - not knowing if you're going to have to go through it all again or not. Glad it's NOT! And congratulations on the "green light" for art too. That's gotta feel nice. :)
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
~ Ludwig van Beethoven

wilderness

Post by wilderness » September 25th, 2012, 12:43 pm

Wonderful! Glad to hear it!

cheekychook

Post by cheekychook » September 27th, 2012, 11:47 pm

I've been thinking good thoughts for you since you first started this thread. So, so glad to hear that you've had good news. That's better than any writing related squee could ever be. Wishing you continued good things.
http://www.karenstivali.com

Passionate Plume 1st Place Winner 2012 - ALWAYS YOU
Published with Ellora's Cave, Turquoise Morning Press & Samhain Publishing

bcomet

Post by bcomet » September 28th, 2012, 10:46 pm

Thank you all again. And, in returning and browsing these forums, it is such a JOY to see so many of my best pals here getting published. Very well done!!!! And congratulations!!! I am so proud to be in this fine company!