Time of Day?

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Chantelle.S.

Re: Time of Day?

Post by Chantelle.S. » July 14th, 2011, 7:22 pm

I don't know about the time of day. Sometimes I nip out at mid-day and go for a quick hike to some beautiful little secluded spot off the beaten trail, and then I write. Other times I'm still up at midnight only starting to work on a piece of mine (this never lasts long, I need my sleep). But I do seem to do some mind-blowing writing when I'm ill for some reason. When my head is throbbing and my nose keeps running and I can't think straight and sometimes can't even see the computer screen properly. I do my best writing then. I have no idea why :?
"Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s." -Stephen King

http://smithee24.blogspot.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1570694/Clairavance

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » July 19th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Early morning, first thing when I wake up, and that time between 11:30pm and 2am. I bet if I didn't have a job\life I could probably live like a cat.

Eat, write, nap, bathe a little, eat, write, nap, play with stuff, repeat.

=^..^=
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » July 19th, 2011, 7:48 pm

sierramcconnell wrote:I bet if I didn't have a job\life I could probably live like a cat.

Eat, write, nap, bathe a little, eat, write, nap, play with stuff, repeat.

=^..^=
LOL! I love this!! I could so live like that, too. :D
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

AnimaDictio

Post by AnimaDictio » July 20th, 2011, 12:27 pm

Yeah, my cat writes a lot too. What's worse, she has a wonderful following of devoted feline fans. I'm totally jealous. ;)

I write best between 6am and 9am. On a good day, this is just after I pray.

Also, when I'm under a serious deadline at my day job, that's when loads of novel-writing creativity strikes (just to distract me.)

wordranger

Post by wordranger » July 25th, 2011, 10:15 pm

I write on my lunch hour at work. That's the only time I have to myself.

Sometimes I write at night when the kids go to sleep, but then if I end up on a roll I end up still writing at 2:00 in the morning, and I do have to get up the next day. Problem is when I do this, I need to prop open my eyes with toothpicks the next day. :shock:
Words are your friend.
Don't be afraid to lose yourself in them.

Jennifer Eaton, WordRanger
My Novelette LAST WINTER RED will be published by J. Taylor Publishing in December, 2012

Take a Step into My World and Learn From My Mistakes http://www.jennifermeaton.com/