Camp NaNoWriMo!

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
CharleeVale

Re: Camp NaNoWriMo!

Post by CharleeVale » July 31st, 2011, 8:58 pm

I win!!!

Well not yet, because the site is having a glitch and is saying that July has ended. So I haven't officially validated yet, but I do have (Exactly at the moment) 50,000 words. Yay!

Now to finish the manuscript....

CV

Sanderling

Post by Sanderling » July 31st, 2011, 10:38 pm

CharleeVale wrote:I win!!!

Well not yet, because the site is having a glitch and is saying that July has ended. So I haven't officially validated yet, but I do have (Exactly at the moment) 50,000 words. Yay!

Now to finish the manuscript....
Way to go! You still had a fair bit to go as of your last update, so I'm impressed. How long was your final writing binge to get it finished?

Camp NaNoWriMo repeats for August - sign up again and do the second half of your novel. ;)
My blog / Twitter
"Because if you have at least a modicum of talent and if you live by these six rules, you will make it."
--Robert J. Sawyer, speaking here of Heinlein's Rules.

CharleeVale

Post by CharleeVale » July 31st, 2011, 10:43 pm

Indeed. But I need to edit like six chapters of you WIP first, otherwise I am a horrible critique partner. :P

CV

Sanderling

Post by Sanderling » August 1st, 2011, 12:37 am

Hee. Well, NaNo seems like a valid excuse. I am looking forward to hearing more from you on it. Also looking forward to reading more of your WIP, though! :)
My blog / Twitter
"Because if you have at least a modicum of talent and if you live by these six rules, you will make it."
--Robert J. Sawyer, speaking here of Heinlein's Rules.

Claudie

Post by Claudie » August 1st, 2011, 12:37 am

Congratz, Charlee!

I'm just starting the August version. Let's see how much I can write before bed!
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

CharleeVale

Post by CharleeVale » August 1st, 2011, 12:40 am

What's you s/n Cluadie?

CV

Claudie

Post by Claudie » August 1st, 2011, 12:55 am

CharleeVale wrote:What's you s/n Cluadie?

CV
I'm not sure that's screen name, but I'm Annalia over there. :)
"I do not think there is any thrill [...] like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." -- Nikola Tesla

trixie

Post by trixie » August 2nd, 2011, 1:01 pm

Hey gang, I don't remember if I asked this already...

Any idea what the winner's goodies are for Camp NaNo? More specifically, any Create Space codes? Shameless, I know. But getting that proof copy is SO motivating!

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » August 2nd, 2011, 1:06 pm

Just badges and a certificate. And the joy of winning.
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.

AveryMarsh

Post by AveryMarsh » August 10th, 2011, 7:43 pm

Congrats to those who won! And good luck to those still slogging away!

Is anyone participating in August's? Or planning on doing one in November? I need to add some friends to my list on the main site. ;) My name is AveryMarsh. Super creative, no?

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » August 10th, 2011, 10:27 pm

I'm in August and I'm at 31066~! Woot woot~! I won July about halfway through and I'm on my way there for August. I'll probably also do November. XD
I'm on Tumblr!

AveryMarsh

Post by AveryMarsh » August 10th, 2011, 11:14 pm

Me too! And I'm at... 35449! :) It's crap, though. I've never written anything so rough. I'm completely pantsing it at this point and doing a terrible job, but hey, that's what rewrites are for. I've had a ridiculous time the past couple of days though. I keep going back to my July novel, wanting to fix this and that when I need to just shelve the darn thing for a month or so and focus on the task at hand. But I can't. I've even started planning another one for November.

I have a feeling my husband is going to ban me from it come next year. I'm seriously a NaNo addict.

But who cares? Yay us!

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » August 10th, 2011, 11:20 pm

I have a feeling I'd be farther if I didn't sit there and do this:

"Nope."

"Bad sentence."

"Ack, wrong word choice."

"Doesn't sound right."

"I don't think I like that."

"Already used that word up there."

"Green sqiggly, must fix."

"Why do I hate this paragraph? Delete."

I've gotten into editing as I go again, but somehow I manage to still pop out 2500-3000 a day and as much as 4000-5000 on a weekend day. But then I need a couple weeks rest or I go like this O_O or @_@ for a while. XD
I'm on Tumblr!

Claudie

Post by Claudie » August 11th, 2011, 1:46 am

I am so behind. This is a new situation for me. I've never been behind on NaNoWriMo. I hit 200k two years in a row. Somehow, though, summer + trying not to mess up 4th draft is kicking my ass. You'd think that even being somewhat careful, I could write at quarter speed.

But no.

By the way, trixie, I believe CreateSpace actually has a promotion going on that allows for free proof copy through the summer (to september). I can't remember the details, or if shipping is also paid, but I do think I heard of that. Worth checking, if you're shamelessly trying to get a paper copy of your WIP. ;)

trixie

Post by trixie » August 12th, 2011, 12:11 pm

Ohhh! Thanks, Claudie! I'll snoop around and see what I can find out. Thanks for the tip!