Originality of Idea

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Cookie

Re: Originality of Idea

Post by Cookie » March 4th, 2011, 1:37 pm

sierramcconnell wrote:
Yeah, that never works. I say nice things, people end up getting fired. XD
How does that happen? That's just weird.

sierramcconnell

Post by sierramcconnell » March 4th, 2011, 1:47 pm

Cookie wrote:
sierramcconnell wrote:
Yeah, that never works. I say nice things, people end up getting fired. XD
How does that happen? That's just weird.
It's sort of like the time when I called to my best friend's house and she wasn't home, and I said, "Oh, right! I remember now, she was talking about going out to the creek allll day with William!"

"Oh. That's where she is. Don't worry. She'll be home real soon."

And she was. And very pissed off about how I had told her parents about where she was when she had lied about it. I told her if she was going to lie about being some place she needed to let me know! XD I WAS born in the hour of the Horse, after all. I have big mouth-itis. I have the tendancy to say things without even knowing what impact they'll have.

EDIT: So...it would be like...I could say, "Oh, so-n-so is wonderful because she positions this product to me every time I come in and she gives me this without charging for the whipped creme when I notice the guys always do..."

And they would fire her for not charging for whipped creme and positioning the wrong product. Because that's my bad luck curse rubbing off on other people. XD
I'm on Tumblr!

The blog died...but so did I...and now I'm alive again! OMG.

Cookie

Post by Cookie » March 4th, 2011, 2:12 pm

sierramcconnell wrote:
EDIT: So...it would be like...I could say, "Oh, so-n-so is wonderful because she positions this product to me every time I come in and she gives me this without charging for the whipped creme when I notice the guys always do..."

And they would fire her for not charging for whipped creme and positioning the wrong product. Because that's my bad luck curse rubbing off on other people. XD
Oh, ok. I can see how that would get someone fired.

zen

Post by zen » March 6th, 2011, 12:15 am

"There are no original ideas." <-- most often said by someone who is ripping off someone else's idea.

polymath

Post by polymath » March 6th, 2011, 12:41 am

Who in turn had ripped off someone else's ideas, who had ripped off someone else's ideas, who ripped off ad infinitum, ad nauseam back into the mists of time. Copycat, maybe. Ripped off? Huh-uh. That way goes the kettle calling the pot blackened by soot dirty.
Spread the love of written word.

Guardian

Post by Guardian » March 6th, 2011, 7:12 am

zen wrote:"There are no original ideas." <-- most often said by someone who is ripping off someone else's idea.
So true. It's used to said by the same people whose are also telling the "It's common knowlege that unpublished manuscripts and ideas have no value at all.". But when you're intending to protect your work, as you have every right to do that, because you still believe your work worth something and you've a different opinion regarding this matter, the guys at certain writer websites try to ban you from the forum or closing the thread to do not even speak about WIP and idea protection and the possible dangers with fellow writers. And when they tell you they want to read your stuff and you tell them to sign a simple confidentiality agreeement, because it's a standard procedure by some reason, they're the first ones whose immediately starting to offend and discredit you in front of everyone.

So, if original ideas wouldn't worth anything, these reactions never would happen.