A Practice Pattern Model

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
polymath

A Practice Pattern Model

Post by polymath » February 8th, 2011, 4:41 pm

A Practice Pattern Model patterns a scale of practices measuring inputs and outcomes.

A bad practice is one with dangerous and inefficient practices resulting in irrecoverable losses and task failure.
A poor practice is one with dangerous and/or inefficient practices resulting in acceptable task completion with limited irrecoverable losses.
A fair practice is one with safe though inefficient practices resulting in acceptable outcomes.
A best practice is one with safe and efficient practices resulting in optimum outcomes.

A Critical Path Model plans a task process for a best practice optimum outcome.
Spread the love of written word.

Mike Dickson

Re: A Practice Pattern Model

Post by Mike Dickson » February 15th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Yep, I was thinking the same darn thing just this morning.

Dankrubis

Re: A Practice Pattern Model

Post by Dankrubis » February 16th, 2011, 1:31 pm

polymath wrote:A Practice Pattern Model patterns a scale of practices measuring inputs and outcomes.

A bad practice is one with dangerous and inefficient practices resulting in irrecoverable losses and task failure.
A poor practice is one with dangerous and/or inefficient practices resulting in acceptable task completion with limited irrecoverable losses.
A fair practice is one with safe though inefficient practices resulting in acceptable outcomes.
A best practice is one with safe and efficient practices resulting in optimum outcomes.

A Critical Path Model plans a task process for a best practice optimum outcome.
I wish my brain worked like this. Very orderly. Systematic. Like code. Well, I guess our brains do work like code, but there's a lot of faulty if/thens in there.
Mike Dickson wrote:Yep, I was thinking the same darn thing just this morning.
When you were in grade school, did kids call you 'Mike Penison'? Cause that'd be hilarious.