Computer/Word/Keyboard Tricks I wish someone told me about

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
Leila

Re: Computer/Word/Keyboard Tricks I wish someone told me about

Post by Leila » January 20th, 2011, 8:59 am

Great idea to do this Philip.

Like Polymath, I've been using the shortcuts for ages and find them immensely useful.

But, and I'm sorry to divert here, Polymath...seriously, is there anything you don't know about? I'm not being facetious, I'm serious. Your general (and specific of course) knowledge is soooooooooooooooooooo wide. I'm almost tempted to start a new topic just to tease this out further. Joking. Truly. But now I'm thinking....hmmm... how expansive is your knowledge of all things chocolate? No, don't worry, I'm joking again. But I love that you just have all this useful info/knowledge/experience to share. It's great!

polymath

Post by polymath » January 20th, 2011, 11:18 am

What can I say? This is the way I was made. Blessed and cursed with a prodigious memory beat into me by nuns with steel rulers, parents and acquaintances' offhand encouragements, furthering my immediate need ends, and a half century of collecting encyclopedic trivia.

Yes, there are a few areas where I'm wholly clueless, mostly related to developing personal relationships. Study is my crutch substitute for being socially oblivious and having an irrational fear of human beings and humongous trust issues. Knowledge is cold company by comparison. But, again, this is the way I was made. So, obviously, I do know a thing or two about chocolate from its power to console the lovelorn and a craving addiction for it.
Spread the love of written word.

Leila

Post by Leila » January 20th, 2011, 12:12 pm

Polymath, I can only say thank you again for your generosity of thought and spirit. I've learned lots (although I confess to sometimes not quite understanding everything that you post because I am a simpleton by comparison) from your input.

And I'm glad to find a fellow admirer of the all important chocolate!