Can you write anywhere?

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
JustSarah

Re: Can you write anywhere?

Post by JustSarah » October 16th, 2010, 7:05 pm

The only sound I can here is the sound of my electric water container, and the Laptop fan. So I adapted to that.

sarahdee

Post by sarahdee » October 22nd, 2010, 4:33 am

I write in the dive centre with customers and staff asking me questions all the time and cats trying to crawl up my back to sit on my shoulder.

Anobile1

Post by Anobile1 » October 29th, 2010, 2:49 am

I can write anywhere (so long as it's relatively comfortable), but only when there's no chance of anyone interrupting me. Planes are great (unless my mom is with me), and the middle of the night is (unfortunately) great. Too bad the latter has completely thrown off my sleep schedule...
My Blog: http://amorenanobile.blogspot.com/ (Most recent post: Inspiration Patterns and an Old Friend)

kans_007

Post by kans_007 » October 30th, 2010, 11:43 pm

I can write anywhere, provided no one talks to me or disturbs me. One time I was writing and my mom came and asked me something, I was unable to pay attention to what she was saying and almost got pissed off at her :)

However as far as time is concerned, I observe that my writing is of best quality when I write real early in the morning or real late at night; when it is really quiet and there is no one around.

TigerGray

Post by TigerGray » November 1st, 2010, 3:22 am

I think it's very important to cultivate the ability to write anywhere. this special room stuff can all too easily become an excuse to do nothing.
"Who knows themselves better than the blind?' - for every thought becomes a tool." --Luis Borges

http://tigergray.blogspot.com/