I am just starting my writing journey by forming ideas and preparing research for self-help books. I have never written any books before and don't yet understand how the editing, publishing and marketing process typically works.
I would greatly appreciate if any experienced authors (especially in the area of self-help) would be willing to share any tips with me so that I can chip away at the required research, refine my skills and develop a profile for when the books will eventually be written.
I would be extremely grateful if you could please share any tips about any one or more of the following:
• What is your process to writing books?
• How did you become a successful author?
• What obstacles may come up in the writing, editing or publishing process and do you have any tips for how I can overcome these potential obstacles?
• How do you write concisely to the point which is easy to understand and follow?
• How do you write and design books which are enjoyable for readers?
• Do you know anyone who may be interested to mentor me and provide feedback on my writing style whilst I am starting out?
• Do you have any recommendations for any courses which I could study to increase my writing skills?
• What do you believe is the right amount of research and variety of research methods to write a self-help book?
• How can I best reference other sources throughout the book?
• Do you suggest that I market myself to attract a following before the books are written? For example, do you suggest that I set up a website, post regular articles, blogs and/or use social media?
• How do you suggest that I go about understanding and making the most of the publishing/editing process?
• Do you have any other tips?
Thanks very much!
The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests