Plotter or Pantser?

The writing process, writing advice, and updates on your work in progress
restcity

Plotter or Pantser?

Post by restcity » May 30th, 2022, 10:38 am

I think everyone here knows what a plotter/pantser is, so I'll just get straight to the answer of my own question.

I am a plotter no doubt. I write exactly where my story is going and how it will begin, continue, and end all before the real first draft is written.

But for my first Published book, Imagination, I was totally a pantser! When I was writing and drawing the Children's book, I wrote and drew whatever popped into my head at the moment, with only the solid idea of what the book was about in my head.

So, are you a pantser or a plotter?

(P.S., you can find my book on amazon here!: https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Shila-Willi ... uage=en_US

DrifterNZ

Re: Plotter or Pantser?

Post by DrifterNZ » June 2nd, 2022, 4:45 am

Definitely a Pantser. My story just sort of evolved. Sometimes the plot twisted in ways that even surprised me.

lorde

Post by lorde » December 21st, 2022, 3:31 am

DrifterNZ wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 4:45 am Definitely a Pantser. My story just sort of evolved. Sometimes the plot twisted in ways that even surprised me.
Ah yes, I agree :D
shell shockers melon playground

jessiebu

Post by jessiebu » April 24th, 2023, 5:26 am

You see, I’m both. Sometimes, I plan my writing projects but also find myself winging it, and sometimes I purely “write by the seat of my pants.”