The Introduction Thread

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
dios4vida

Re: The Introduction Thread

Post by dios4vida » August 11th, 2011, 9:27 pm

MattLarkin wrote:
F.E. Sewell wrote:Hi All! I'm 5'8.5".
:lol: Listing heights appears to have become mandatory bio info for this forum :lol:

Gotta love it.
Hey, y'all weren't around for the time we had the How Old Are You thread going strong...that was a blast.

Welcome, 5'8.5" F.E. Sewell. :) And howdy, Matt.
Brenda :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

Sommer Leigh

Post by Sommer Leigh » August 12th, 2011, 8:47 am

F.E. Sewell wrote:Hi All! I'm 5'8.5". I've been reading Nathan's blog for over a year and I've never been quite brave enough to go public until now. I've been wanting to get involved in a community of writers for a while in hopes that I'll meet like-minded people and learn more about my craft. This seems like just the place for that sort of thing.

Really looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Welcome welcome! I promise you don't need bravery to hang out with us. We all get along no matter our faults :-)
May the word counts be ever in your favor. http://www.sommerleigh.com
Be nice, or I get out the Tesla cannon.

F.E. Sewell

Post by F.E. Sewell » August 13th, 2011, 12:53 pm

Sommer Leigh wrote:
F.E. Sewell wrote:Hi All! I'm 5'8.5". I've been reading Nathan's blog for over a year and I've never been quite brave enough to go public until now. I've been wanting to get involved in a community of writers for a while in hopes that I'll meet like-minded people and learn more about my craft. This seems like just the place for that sort of thing.

Really looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Welcome welcome! I promise you don't need bravery to hang out with us. We all get along no matter our faults :-)
That's the impression that I get. Everyone here seems super cool and laid back. I'm excited. :)

Darke

Post by Darke » August 26th, 2011, 8:12 am

*waves* Howdy!

Found this site today, although I do remember hearing about this forum (or the creation of it) a while back. Read Jon Gibbs guest post and thought I would pop by. *waves* Hi Jon!

A little about me. I write paranormal and scifi, with the occasional divergence into erotica. Right now, I have several projects on the go; two novels and a script. Oh in case you're wondering, the rules for creating an interesting novel, apply to scriptwriting too. Although, judging from what's been coming outta Hollywood lately, you wouldn't know it. :lol:

I'm looking forward to chattin' with you all. :mrgreen:

Margo

Post by Margo » August 29th, 2011, 11:51 am

Darke wrote:Oh in case you're wondering, the rules for creating an interesting novel, apply to scriptwriting too.
Quite true! And vice versa. Welcome to the Bransforum.
Urban fantasy, epic fantasy, and hot Norse elves. http://margolerwill.blogspot.com/

kyrie

Post by kyrie » September 1st, 2011, 10:29 pm

washingtonwriter1968 wrote:
Ok so I would be a considered a minnie me in this forum at 5'2" ! :lol: :lol: :lol: You all are a bunch of Giants! :D
If it makes you feel any better, my mother is 4'10"! One of her aunts is like 4'7" so it was a momentous day as kids when we outgrew her! hahaha

Tall genes on my dad's side helped me get to 5'3".

As for my non-height story, I am determined to have a novel ready for agent submission by the end of the year. I have a few other projects in the virtual drawer of perspective while I finish up my current one. My stories are mostly soft sci-fi.

CathyYardley

Post by CathyYardley » September 5th, 2011, 12:51 pm

Hi guys,

I've just started dipping a toe into the forums... I write romance, chick lit and urban fantasy (humor is connective thread there) and I do freelance editing, as well as run a writing blog. I've been enjoying Nathan's blog so much, I thought I'd start participating more.

Oh, and I'm 5'2" as well. But I'm fierce. ;)

Cathy
ROCK YOUR WRITING
Sell a lot, without selling out.
http://rockyourwriting.com

GingerWrite

Post by GingerWrite » September 5th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Hi, Cathy! I'm with you there, I've been reading Nathan's blog for months now and just decided to give the forums a shot. I write young adult adventure as well as a bit of dabbling with sci-fi and romance. I have a writing blog of my own, but nothing as neat as this one!

Oh, and I'm 5' 7" :) Nice to meet y'all!
"The more you read, the more you know. The more you know, the more you grow." - Dr. Suess
Worlds can grow and crumble beneath a writer's pen. We just need to find the right one.
http://startingonthewritepage.blogspot.com/ :)

dios4vida

Post by dios4vida » September 6th, 2011, 11:43 am

Haha!! Since you're added in your heights, you have been deemed light-hearted and snarky enough to join the Bransforums.

Just kidding! (sorta)Welcome, everyone! :)

Inspiration isn't about the muse. Inspiration is working until something clicks. ~Brandon Sanderson

MattLarkin

Post by MattLarkin » September 6th, 2011, 3:37 pm

dios4vida wrote:Haha!! Since you're added in your heights, you have been deemed light-hearted and snarky enough to join the Bransforums.

Just kidding! (sorta)Welcome, everyone! :)
OH! Guess I'd better reveal I'm 5'8" then. I don't want to fall short too on the snarky scale to be part of the Bransforums. We have to do what we have to do.
mattlarkin.net
larkinediting.com - freelance editing for fantasy and science fiction
ImageImageImage

washingtonwriter1968

Post by washingtonwriter1968 » September 7th, 2011, 4:17 pm

OMG! This is too funny!!!!!!!!
Who would have thunk that revealing your heights would end up being a ratio of how snarky you are! Welcome new guys! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Washington Writer
Thx 4 your time
http://washington1968.livejournal.com/

Paul O'Brien

Hello All.

Post by Paul O'Brien » September 8th, 2011, 1:56 pm

My name is Paul O'Brien and I have been following this blog and forum for a while now. I'm coming to the end of the first draft of my first novel (I'm a playwright) and I'm wrestling with the self publish v traditional publish argument. Anyways, happy writing to all and may your partials turn into fulls.

dios4vida

Re: Hello All.

Post by dios4vida » September 8th, 2011, 2:40 pm

<wave> Hi, Paul! Welcome!

Quill

Post by Quill » September 8th, 2011, 2:55 pm

And may your fulls turn into offers of rep, offers to publish, and books that stay in print for a long, long time.

Paul O'Brien

Post by Paul O'Brien » September 8th, 2011, 3:58 pm

I'm Irish, so the 'may your...' quotes could go on for a very long time. :D