The Introduction Thread

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
Tania

Re: The Introduction Thread

Post by Tania » January 5th, 2016, 6:17 pm

Hi - I'm a writer in California. I write flash fiction, short stories, and I'm currently working on a novel. I co-founded The Flash Fiction Forum -flashfictionforum.com, a curated reading series of short works in San Jose, CA. I've also organized Literary Pub Crawls. I've had some flash fiction published, and continue to submit short stories for publication, but really want to focus on my novel now. I was born in New Zealand, but have spent most of my life in California now, but I think some of my kiwi roots shows up in my writing. I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts on the writing life.
Cheers,
Tania

Gnad

Post by Gnad » January 21st, 2016, 5:25 am

@Tania

Yo. I'm Gnad with a silent G.

It's great you have quite a lot of experience with writing on your hands! Are you thinking about self-publishing or going the traditional route once you've completed your manuscript?

- GnaD

Geo

Hello

Post by Geo » January 29th, 2016, 10:03 am

Hello,

I am Gergana, a Political Scientist from Bulgaria, and a writer wanna-be. I have begun planning my first romance novel, and I hope I can find some people here, with whom we can mutually help each other with advice, as well as with enriching our mutual writing experiences.

curtis

Post by curtis » February 15th, 2016, 8:50 pm

Hello! My name is Curtis. I'm a writer who focuses on nonfiction. I studied journalism in college and I now write freelance journalism articles. I'm currently in school again. I'm studying Website Development. The goal is to be proficient enough to build excellent websites for clients. Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I look forward to making new friends!

GregoryDiehl

Post by GregoryDiehl » March 10th, 2016, 11:02 am

Hi everyone. Great to be here. I'm new to using forums to connect with other entrepreneurs, but I'm eager to help who I can and meet valuable influences.

I'm originally from Califorina, but have spent the last 10 years traveling the world and working location independently. I will be releasing my first book on identity, Brand Identity Breakthrough, on Amazon in May: http://www.brandidentitybreakthrough.com

My goals right now are increasing my authority and finding superior ways to get my message out to the right people. I'm also looking for a few good beta readers who want to be among the first to read my book and help me make it a masterpiece.

Gregory Diehl

notalone710

Post by notalone710 » April 6th, 2016, 4:05 pm

Buenos Dias

Name: Enricoh Alfonzo
Genre: YA (For now)
Novel: The Cured: Rebirth
Published: Not yet. Researching both traditional and self publishing.
Favourite book: Harry Potter & The order of the Phoenix.
Favourite Author: You guessed it, J.K Rowling

I have devoured Nathan's blog posts for months now, so glad that there is some like him out there. Such brilliant and insigthful post. There hasn't been a topic that I have wondered about that Mr. Bradsford hasn't posted about.
Can't wait to read through all the forums here, it looks fun.

Vaya con Dios

KimB

Post by KimB » April 16th, 2016, 6:51 pm

H all, I'm new here. I write YA and thrillers- most with a southern setting and I've been outlining something steampunk/alternative history. I'm based in Florida and hoping to find some like minded CPs. I read in almost any genre except I'm not really into romance or fantasy with sword and sorcery elements.

ms165233

Hello!

Post by ms165233 » June 1st, 2016, 9:44 pm

Good evening all!

I hope everyone is doing well!

My name is Matthew Self, and I've decided to learn more and get involved in regards to self publishing! I've started a couple stories here and there and have had ideas for stories, but I've never been able to completely finish one! I currently live in Wisconsin, but I am about to move to North West Arkansas in a matter of weeks! I'm excited for the move and am looking forward to being there (not necessarily the packing, driving, unpacking...). I currently own my own business with my husband and we design and publish mobile apps for small businesses. It's fun work and something we both enjoy doing which is always fantastic when you can find that type of thing! In my limited free time (I have 3 step daughters), I read when I can, play video games, and binge watch Netflix. I'm currently on The X-Files! I love it and don't know why it's taken me this long to get into it.

Aside from myself, I was wondering if there were any rules in regards to making posts about services pertaining to self publishing. I've decided to branch out for graphical work to include cover designs for E-Books, but I didn't want to over step any bounds or break any rules of the forum.

I hope everyone has a great night!
Matthew Self
Videogamer, Netflix Binger, Reader
App Designer and E-Book Cover Designer

(annie)becher

Hi all! :D

Post by (annie)becher » June 21st, 2016, 9:22 am

Hi everyone! I'm (annie)becher, but you can call me annie.
The truth shall set you free. Live it. Expose it. Write the burning passion.

theuglytree

Post by theuglytree » August 22nd, 2016, 5:44 am

Hi all,

I'm Geoffrey, I'm a writer and graphic designer. I'm mostly here in a design capacity, to offer advice and, if the opportunity arises, pick up a bit of low-budget work - depending on my availablity. So feel free to get in touch with any design-y questions and I'll be roaming around threads seeing how I can get involved and help out.

If anyone wishes to see my work you can at http://theuglytreegraphicdesign.co.uk/book-design.html though our website is fairly new and we're still ironing out subtler issues and adding content.

All the best,

G.
Such was life in Leningrad.

Sherrey

New Here

Post by Sherrey » September 19th, 2016, 9:58 pm

Just registered here today. I'm hoping to meet someone who wants to be an accountability partner and who's interested in writing or is writing memoir. Can someone tell me if there is a particular form where I would post that? Thanks!

JenniferEaton

Post by JenniferEaton » April 11th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Hi! I'm not really new, but I have not been here in over a year, and I could not remember my username, so I had to create a new one. STINKY! Oh well, it's nice to be back!

My mini-bio...

My three-book YA science fiction series, Fire in the Woods, is currently published by Month9Books in 2014, 2016, and 2017. I have spoken on local author panels and public television in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. I have also traveled to New York to sign at BookCon. I spoke on a panel for diversity at NCSLAA (North Carolina School Library Association), and I just returned from the SE-YA Bookfest in Tennessee. I also dabble in developmental editing.

Bryanj62

Post by Bryanj62 » April 13th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Hey Everyone,

Thought I'd stop by and say hi. I'm from Western Oregon. I was born and raised in Western Washington up near Canada. I've got a book near complete and three more in the works. Hope to hang out with all of you and learn as much as I can.

Bryan

Creative Thoughts

New In Town

Post by Creative Thoughts » April 15th, 2017, 2:25 pm

Hello Everyone,

We are a new service and we thought we would introduce ourselves and get more information about what authors are looking for in their ghostwriter.

We started as industry insiders and we have gathered a wonderful team of seasoned writers and editors. Our team goal is to facilitate communication between our writers and the client so that when the author receives their word, they see their vision come to life.

It goes without saying that we would love for you to visit our website and keep an eye out for our blog. Our main goal here though is to engage in conversations with authors and publishers in order to learn more about their needs and goals and what they currently aren't able to find in ghostwriting services.

We look forward to joining the conversation.

Best,
Creative Thoughts Unlimited