The Introduction Thread

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
grokker

Re: The Introduction Thread

Post by grokker » August 5th, 2021, 11:04 am

Hey Craig,
I'm also new here (just joined). I live in the Annapolis, Maryland area and write speculative fiction. I'm working on my second novel (now in 3rd draft). If you or anyone else is interested in beta-swapping/critiquing, let me know.

AJW

Post by AJW » September 1st, 2021, 1:32 pm

Hello All,
I'm new here as of today. I just finished the fourth draft of my debut novel, a thriller, 83,000 words. I found this site because I am seeking one or two long-term critique partners, and that is my main focus now. BUT, I am looking forward to finding my way around and getting involved. I live in the Ozark mountains of Northwestern Arkansas. I'm retired, and loving that I finally have ample time to write,

Sigrid94

Post by Sigrid94 » December 14th, 2021, 10:29 pm

Hey all,

My name is Sigrid Ines.

Thanks for allowing me to this forum. Hope to enjoy my stay.

Cheers all.

Regards.
Last edited by Sigrid94 on February 13th, 2024, 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigSkyBeta

Re: The Introduction Thread --Aspiring Beta Reader

Post by BigSkyBeta » December 27th, 2021, 9:52 pm

Hello all,
I came to this site because would love to learn more about being a Beta reader. I'm an avid reader (aren't we all) but my true love is romance and fantasy novels. Reading is my escape from my cyber management job in the military. I would love to learn what authors are looking for in a Beta reader. Not sure if It matters but I hold a BS in Computer Info Sys and an MBA. Please reach out, I would love to be an asset to this community.

alliewrites

Post by alliewrites » January 8th, 2022, 11:57 am

Hi Aspiring Beta Reader - I write romance and fantasy. What I would look for in a beta reader is someone who can spot plot holes, inconsistencies in the plot or character, and confusing sentences. Basically anything which stops a reader in their tracks and pulls them out of the story. I hope that helps.

I have a critique group which disbanded with covid and need readers to help with my manuscripts if you are interested. One is a romantic suspense and the other is a middle-grade/young adult fantasy. I could send a first chapter of either if you might be interested.

I'm also new to this forum and still figuring out how things work.

wilsadfar

Post by wilsadfar » January 17th, 2022, 7:46 am

Hi everyone, I'm new here, I hope to make friends!

Bort Patgia

Post by Bort Patgia » June 16th, 2022, 1:54 am

Hello everyone, I'm new here. My name is Bort Patgia (Pen name). My interest lies in video games, reading ebooks (mostly pirated, hahaha), and writing. I already have 3 manuscripts already finished, it just needs a clean flooring since I've been rejected more 20 times. Also, I am a 3rd year college majoring in BS Psychology. Should I include academic learning as parts of my interest? I feel like it supposed to be part of it. I hope I can make some friends here and yeah... :D :D :D :D

MxDaniel

Post by MxDaniel » July 20th, 2022, 6:11 pm

Heyo! I'm Daniel Catherine (Dani for short). I'm originally from Connecticut in the United States, but I now live in the state of Georgia. My favorite genres to write are superhero and supernatural stories, but I'm also working on a fantasy story and a dystopian future story. Yeah, that's a thing with me; I'm able to work on multiple WIPs (I currently have over ten). I'm looking for a critique partner to help with my dystopian future story. I'm more than happy to offer beta services in return! I'm here because I really want to hone my writing skills and finish at least five of my WIPs, and I definitely need help with both. I've rambled enough. Happy writing!

htking1

Post by htking1 » August 23rd, 2022, 7:12 am

Wow - I was pleasantly delighted to see your kind message about myself. Thank you really much! I'm continuously battling to find the time and energy to write, I'm hoping to sign with an agency eventually, and I'm working to finish an outline for revisions to my newest book. Your feedback gave me the urge to work harder on the plan. Thank you very much!

BLJordan

Post by BLJordan » August 30th, 2022, 10:24 pm

Hello,
Just joined to get involved in some beta reading particularly in woman's historical/alternate history fiction, but would consider other genre as well. Look forward to reading some work in progress or whole manuscripts.
Hope to get to know some of you and your works in the near future.

miss_raemi

Post by miss_raemi » October 8th, 2022, 10:46 am

Hi,
I just joined and am looking for beta readers interested in cozy mysteries and women's fiction. Nice to meet you all and I'm excited to be part of a new community. ~ cheers

The.Otherworlds

Hi Everyone!

Post by The.Otherworlds » November 12th, 2022, 1:12 pm

My Names Kendra, I'm a 34 year old SoCal native and mom to 4 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and 4 chickens. I'm in the Beta Reader stages of a 125,000 word Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance novel, and I'm in the beginning stages of writing two erotic novels!

Can't wait to meet everyone :D

TomWrite56

Post by TomWrite56 » December 3rd, 2022, 8:48 pm

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Tom from Wichita, Kansas and I write and read
• plays
• poetry
• historical fiction
• children’s picture books
• essays
• short fiction for children and adults
• young adult novels

I am still undecided between writing a historical drama play about the end of WWI, a humorous young adult novel about a young adult with disabilities who prepares to graduate from high school and goes to a private college in 1984 Ohio, loosely based on my high school graduation and becoming a freshman at Nebraska Wesleyan University in Lincoln, Nebraska, and an Easter book for children.

My expertise in history is the Great War, the 1980s, the JFK years, the 18th century, apartheid South Africa and the United Kingdom. I'm pleased to meet all of you writers!

abastos1022

Post by abastos1022 » July 18th, 2023, 2:49 am

Hello, everyone!

I'm a hostage of the past, exiled in 21st-century Brazil, shipwrecked along the coastline of Rio de Janeiro.

Professional skills in copywriting and editing I acquired at my ad agency in Rancho Cucamonga, California; however, it has taken me years to develop the confidence to write a novel. (I used to believe that everything had already been written and nothing new was possible. A recent awakening changed my perspective.)

So, I'm writing a historical novel, thirty chapters written of thirty-six, all plotted, the last four pages created in a burst of inspiration. I'm an avid historian of Ancient Greece and Rome, as well as medieval times.

Yours faithfully in service and honor,

Andy Bastos

hemigirl

Post by hemigirl » August 11th, 2023, 10:33 am

Hello to everyone, my name is Ann. I'm retired and almost finished with a thriller I've been working on for several years. I hope to have interaction with many of you here.