The Introduction Thread

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
Poppy

Re: The Introduction Thread

Post by Poppy » July 1st, 2014, 9:21 pm

Hi there, I've been following Nathan on Twitter for a while but only just discovered this forum.
I'm based in the UK and self published a couple of children's stories about ten years ago so I appreciate the effort that goes into the process. These days I've hung up my pen, but I've been on a number of writers forums over the years and, call me a masochist, but I enjoy giving feedback on chapters and synopses. Hoping I can help new writing talent.

tomnoir

Post by tomnoir » July 18th, 2014, 1:30 pm

Hi all, my name is Tom. Long time reader and commenter on the blog but first time on the forums. I have been writing short stories for ages and have recently written a full length YA novel which I am trying to sell.

authorpilot

Hello - Introduction and my new book

Post by authorpilot » August 29th, 2014, 1:36 pm

Greetings All,

Glad to be part of the club. I'm a best selling aviation author. My book "Squawk 7700" has been a top 5 aviation best seller on Amazon for close to 5 years. Recently, I published my second book, in eBook and Audiobook format, "The Most Efficient Way to Publish an eBook". Which I know may be a great interest to many of you. I've broken down the somewhat scary process of publishing an eBook into a simple and efficient solution to get your book published with the least amount of hassle.

Look forward to contributing to the group, and please drop me a line. My books can be found on all major retailers, just search, 'Squawk 7700', or 'The Most Efficient Way to Publish an Ebook'.

Thanks,
Pete Buffington

authorpilot

Post by authorpilot » August 29th, 2014, 1:38 pm

Greetings All,

Glad to be part of the club. I'm a best selling aviation author. My book "Squawk 7700" has been a top 5 aviation best seller on Amazon for close to 5 years. Recently, I published my second book, in eBook and Audiobook format, "The Most Efficient Way to Publish an eBook". Which I know may be a great interest to many of you. I've broken down the somewhat scary process of publishing an eBook into a simple and efficient solution to get your book published with the least amount of hassle.

Look forward to contributing to the group, and please drop me a line. My books can be found on all major retailers, just search, 'Squawk 7700', or 'The Most Efficient Way to Publish an Ebook'.

Thanks,
Pete Buffington

TyffaniCKemp

Post by TyffaniCKemp » October 8th, 2014, 11:53 am

Hello, everyone! I am Tyffani Clark Kemp. I am an author and I own a small indie publishing company called SideStreet Cookie Publishing. We also do author consultations.
I am new to the forum and hope to meet some new people. =)
Also, if I did the link in my signature wrong, can someone please help me fix it? lol
Thanks.
Tyffani Clark Kemp
Author|Publisher|Publishing Consultant
SideStreet Cookie Publishing LLC

Please help us reach our goal of 250 votes to qualify for a publishing grant by clicking here shar.es/1aMcww

Antara Man

I am a new member here

Post by Antara Man » November 15th, 2014, 5:02 pm

Hi there,
I am searching for other authors and came though thebookdesigner.com.I am eager to make online friendships here.
Let me introduce myself - I am a girl in her late 20's and soon will start self-publishing. I like the genres contemporary fiction, crime, fantasy, sci-fi... the list is endless. I live in East Europa, so writing and publishing will take more time as English is not my native language.
I am eager to answer your questions.
I hope to find here beta readers and online author friends. :D

CNSensse

Post by CNSensse » December 5th, 2014, 5:53 am

Hi Craig,
My name is Ken. Hope you are doing well? Are you ready for Christmas? If you have kids, I'll bet they are starting to get excited!

Please allow me to introduce you to one of my personalities. He is a religious revolutionary.

C.N. Sensse is a disciple-a lifelong learner and follower of Jesus Christ.
At the age of seventeen he left the church and lived as if he had no need of God, until he was thirty. When he was thirty, his father was diagnosed with cancer. Through that, C.N. rediscovered God and started going to church again. He also began reading through the Bible. He quickly became involved in ministry and served in that capacity for 18 years, first in the music ministry, as a children’s pastor and a church leader.
From there, he founded and ran a homeless ministry. Then he became an author. Over the last three years, He has written 4 books. Through the Valley, his first book is a biographical recollection of his work with the homeless, and God’s work with him. The Counterfeit Kingdom, book one of the Turning the Tables series, discusses why Christianity is the fastest dying religion in America. Get the Hell Out of the Church, book two of the Turning the Tables series, is a self-help guide for churchgoing Christians. Really Knowing God, book three of the Turning the Tables series, discusses who God really is, without the influence of religion. His books are available at amazon.com, apple, scribd, Barnes and Noble and MOBI. C.N. also sends a copy of any of his books to anyone who requests them for free.
Currently C.N. lives in Brentwood, Tennessee, with His wife, three step children and Sadie Mae, his Border terrier. He is currently writing book four of the Turning the Tables series.

Thanks and I hope you have a great Christmas!

WHJohnston

Glad to be here

Post by WHJohnston » December 9th, 2014, 12:57 pm

Hello everyone!

I met Nathan at the San Luis Obispo Writers conference a few years ago and participated in his Mad Lib query. At the time I was just finishing work on a book that I since self published and blogged about, in the hope of attracting agents. I emailed Nathan recently about my concern because now I am starting to see that agents might not necessarily take something that was put up for self publishing unless it is already successful. It is my hope that I can still get my book noticed, because this is why I put it up, to show agents that I want to market. I also hope to connect to this community, to improve my writing. Here is hoping that I can share my own thoughts and ideas with you guys as well!

Nevyn_Black

New Patient on the Ward

Post by Nevyn_Black » July 30th, 2015, 9:10 pm

Hello. I'm crazy and I like to get the crazy out by typing it onto blank white pages. I obsess about people who do not exist and sometimes have entire conversations with them and worry terribly about what might be happening to them while I'm not paying attention. I asked my shrink and he said this is called; 'Being a Writer.' He recommended that I seek the support of other with the disease.

I write mostly sci-fi and fantasy, with some supernatural horror and mystery thrown in, just to make it confusing. I also have a Blogm just as everyone else seems to have and if anyone is curious, you can find that here: https://nobodyponders.wordpress.com/

I've been writing since I was about 13 and have never been published, not least because I seem to rarely finish anything. I'm 32 now and in college, working on finishing up an associates in general studies that I hope to transfer to a university with a good bachelors program in Creative Writing. Because someone once told me that having a degree would make it easier to get a job in publishing.

I honestly cannot think of any more damage I can do to this post, so there we have it. Welcome questions.

Lew

A budding author

Post by Lew » September 28th, 2015, 9:56 am

Nathan,

I found your blog extremely helpful and have taken a few tips right away.

I have completed a huge first effort, a 230,000 word piece of historical fiction, and I am now in my second editing phase, looking pretty good (Of course! every word is precious!). This is set in the first century, between two historical events that actually happened:

1. In 97AD, the Chinese sent a mission under Gan Ying to Rome, which may or may not have made it all the way (In my book, they did)
2. A Roman presence in the court of China @ 166AD

The first Roman mission to China might well have been launched @100AD, and like the fictional mission in my story, probably nothing went according to plan as they cover 9000 miles by sea and 5500 miles overland through all six great empires of the age, Rome, Parthia, India, Han China, the Xiongnu nomad empire, and Bactria (Afghanistan).

I am talking with David Poyer and George Galdorisi, both well-published authors though not in this genre, and am looking for some recommendations for editing, agents and publication targets who specialize in this genre.

Lew McIntyre

SamuelStokes

First Timer!

Post by SamuelStokes » September 28th, 2015, 6:43 pm

Hello All,

Just thought I'd stop in here for a moment and introduce myself. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better as we share thoughts and ideas.

I'm an aspiring writer in the Fantasy genre and have just self published my first book 'A Coronation of Kings'. It's fast paced and filled with action from start to finish. If you are curious you can download and preview the first 30% at my Smashwords link down below.

When I'm not writing I am a Tax Accountant that enjoys reading, writing and LARP (it allows you to live your story, doesn't get much better than that!).

If you have any questions or queries shoot me a message any time!
Author of 'A Coronation of Kings'

Connect with me via the following:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SamuelCStokes

My Author Profiles
http://www.amazon.com/Samuel-Stokes/e/B0161CBT5U
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3 ... uel_Stokes

Natty

Post by Natty » October 17th, 2015, 4:01 pm

Hey guys, Nat here. I can't go without writing, so I went to an arts hs to do it for 300 minutes a week. I wrote a YA medieval fantasy (it just happened. I've never been much of a fantasy person) and I'd like to get/give solid edits.

JhonS

Post by JhonS » October 18th, 2015, 6:30 pm

Natty wrote:Hey guys, Nat here. I can't go without writing, so I went to an arts hs to do it for 300 minutes a week. I wrote a YA medieval fantasy (it just happened. I've never been much of a fantasy person) and I'd like to get/give solid edits.
I'm new around here as well. if you are interested in a writing group, I just posted this a couple days ago. I'm starting a new Skype based writing group, not the give one another homework type, rather one for self disciplined writers. We aren't just there for critiquing one another though, but also brainstorming, friends with a similar intrust, and a good dose of group humor.
Check out the below link and if you are interested shoot me a email or hit me up on twitter.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10543

P.S: that's my most read genre :)

Natty

Post by Natty » October 20th, 2015, 9:26 pm

Hi, while this does sound like something that I'd be interested in, I do quite regular writing and I'm really more focused on the heavy editing book swap sort of thing. Thanks though, it does sound awesome and if I were in a different situation it would be something that I would like to do. Good luck finding your final member :)

hutton1323

Post by hutton1323 » January 2nd, 2016, 2:41 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new here :)