Comments on the blog

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
Watcher55

Comments on the blog

Post by Watcher55 » December 6th, 2010, 12:17 pm

I tried to post a comment on the Nathan's blog but I keep getting the red flag because I didn't type the characters correctly and I know I did type them correctly. Granted, Watcher's eyes have a hard time with the fiddledy-buttons and blinkedy lights, but I know how to proof read half a dozen letters. Any suggestions?

Down the well

Re: Comments on the blog

Post by Down the well » December 6th, 2010, 7:39 pm

Well, I think you don't give yourself enough credit. I could have sworn your comment posted twice. :)

Watcher55

Post by Watcher55 » December 6th, 2010, 7:49 pm

Down the well wrote:Well, I think you don't give yourself enough credit. I could have sworn your comment posted twice. :)
Yeah, I went back and dinked with it. I'm still not sure what I did and it didn't show my AV.

J. T. SHEA

Post by J. T. SHEA » December 6th, 2010, 9:24 pm

They're called captchas, Watcher55, and they're the work of the Devil! I suspect the false red flags are caused by the 'word' changing just as you type it. Whereupon, of course, they accuse you of typing it wrong rather than admit they changed the word.

It hasn't happened much to me in recent months, and I don't think that's because my typing has improved! I also notice the captchas are more 'word-like' recently, even if still not real words, i. e. not random arrays of letters any more.