Newcomer greetings to all

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
Joe54

Newcomer greetings to all

Post by Joe54 » October 16th, 2017, 3:15 pm

Nathan, what a great site for authors and aspiring authors! I just discovered it today.

Oh, yeah. My name's Joe Palmer. I live on a cozy little barrier island in Northeast Florida and you couldn't shuck me out of here with a good oyster knife. I'm a former newspaper reporter, write a current folksy guest column for the local newspaper and I'm a retired (5 years ago) investigator for the Federal Public Defender's Office. In addition to being a reading and writing addict, I'm a sailor and sailboat owner. In the past hour or so I've been perusing Nathan's site, I've been blown away by not only the gems he has to offer but the interesting commentary from his followers and readers, which I'm not proud to be one of. I recently completed my debut novel and am just now dipping my toes into the agent search/query process. I have a question about manuscript length that's undoubtedly been brought up a bazillion times but I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum in which I should address it.

I'm delighted that I found Nathan's Blog and this forum. Tons of good stuff here!

J. T. SHEA

Re: Newcomer greetings to all

Post by J. T. SHEA » October 16th, 2017, 8:39 pm

Welcome, Joe! These Bransforums, as I call them, and Nathan's blog are mines of information about writing, publishing, and monkeys. Well worth study, though you'll have to go back a few years for the monkeys. :D

Joe54

Re: Newcomer greetings to all

Post by Joe54 » October 16th, 2017, 9:00 pm

Thanks, J.T. So are you saying Nathan was blogging about monkey business awhile back? LOL. Just kidding. But seriously, it is a gold mine for some good stuff. Glad to be here.