NEW MEMBER - Seeking Beta Readers

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
grokker

NEW MEMBER - Seeking Beta Readers

Post by grokker » August 4th, 2021, 3:32 pm

Greetings. I'm a published author living in the Annapolis, Maryland area, USA. I write speculative fiction.

I am currently seeking beta readers/critique partners to review the manuscript of my new novel.

Here's the pitch:

TITLE: The Pieces of Myself (third draft)
LENGTH: 79,000 words
GENRES: Adult speculative fiction, dystopian fiction, soft science fiction, sci-fi mystery, robot fiction, AI fiction
TAGLINE: A robot. A cryptogram. A sovereign fortune. A lost identity.

BLURB:

Water—denser than the air powering wild hurricanes, thinner than blood congealing around southern politics. By the 22nd century, it unraveled the fabric of the Gulf Coast like a pulled thread, ripping away land faster than anywhere else in North America.

Lillian Fray, a professor at a community college and brilliant mathematician, is asked to solve a puzzle involving a cryptogram and the link to a sentient digital avatar. Her quest is fraught with racial politics and a hurricane tracking toward what used to be New Orleans. At stake is a sovereign fortune and the key to her own identity.

Thanks for your help.

-- John Morrison (Member: MWA, Black Writer’s Collective, Writers for Diversity; Author: “The Perfection of Fish”)
grockmeister@gmail.com