Thanks for 10 years!!

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
Nathan Bransford

Thanks for 10 years!!

Post by Nathan Bransford » December 4th, 2019, 8:18 pm

Wow. When I started these forums I had absolutely no idea they would still be alive and active 10 years later. As pointed out by our illustrious moderator John T. Shea, today marks 10 years since the start of these forums.

THANKS SO MUCH to everyone for being a part of these forums, sharing your information expertise and procrastination time.

Thanks also to John for his great moderation and spam-fighting skills, and to Sommer Leigh and Bryan Russell, moderators emeritus!

J. T. SHEA

Re: Thanks for 10 years!!

Post by J. T. SHEA » December 6th, 2019, 7:06 pm

Illustrious? But I don't have any tatoos! Oh, wait...

But seriously, thanks to you, Nathan for creating this place and to my esteemed predecessors as moderators, and to all the many members. When you started these forums I had absolutely no idea the publishing industry would still be alive and active 10 years later! While much has changed in the last ten years, nuch has remained the same too, apocalyptic publishing predictions in particular not materializing. Even fictional apocalypses are less popular than they used to be.

Challenges remain, old and new, but also opportunities. Here's to the next 10 years!