Kickstarter Projects

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
BuildingVoices

Kickstarter Projects

Post by BuildingVoices » May 3rd, 2014, 9:25 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Taneeka Bourgeois-daSilva and I am new to this forum. Currently, I live in Los Angeles and I am a teacher who works with students with disabilities. I'm trying to publish my first book, Broccoli Chronicles through Kickstarter. I launched my project 6 days ago and I'm very nervous and excited all at the same time. The purpose of my project is to encourage more children to read versus watching hours of television everyday. I don't think parents realize how damaging television can be until their child is in high school and is receiving F's and D's. I want parents to start building that foundation of reading way earlier. On my Kickstarter project I uploaded a picture of my 4 month old daughter holding her book and exploring the pages. I love when she does that. It's a joy for me to read to her and watch her engage. If you get a chance, please view my project and tell me what you think.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bu ... ?ref=email

Also, check out my blog at www.buildingvoices.com/blog and website at www.buildingvoices.com for more information about me or my vision. Take care and thanks for allowing me to join this forum!!

BuildingVoices

Re: Kickstarter Projects

Post by BuildingVoices » May 6th, 2014, 4:30 pm

Has anyone used crowd funding organizations to help fund their first book? If so, how did that work for you?