The Introduction Thread

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
grokker

Re: The Introduction Thread

Post by grokker » August 5th, 2021, 11:04 am

Hey Craig,
I'm also new here (just joined). I live in the Annapolis, Maryland area and write speculative fiction. I'm working on my second novel (now in 3rd draft). If you or anyone else is interested in beta-swapping/critiquing, let me know.

AJW

Post by AJW » September 1st, 2021, 1:32 pm

Hello All,
I'm new here as of today. I just finished the fourth draft of my debut novel, a thriller, 83,000 words. I found this site because I am seeking one or two long-term critique partners, and that is my main focus now. BUT, I am looking forward to finding my way around and getting involved. I live in the Ozark mountains of Northwestern Arkansas. I'm retired, and loving that I finally have ample time to write,

Sigrid94

Post by Sigrid94 » December 14th, 2021, 10:29 pm

Hey all,

My name is Sigrid Ines.

Thanks for allowing me to this forum. Hope to enjoy my stay.

Cheers all.

Regards.

BigSkyBeta

Re: The Introduction Thread --Aspiring Beta Reader

Post by BigSkyBeta » December 27th, 2021, 9:52 pm

Hello all,
I came to this site because would love to learn more about being a Beta reader. I'm an avid reader (aren't we all) but my true love is romance and fantasy novels. Reading is my escape from my cyber management job in the military. I would love to learn what authors are looking for in a Beta reader. Not sure if It matters but I hold a BS in Computer Info Sys and an MBA. Please reach out, I would love to be an asset to this community.

alliewrites

Post by alliewrites » January 8th, 2022, 11:57 am

Hi Aspiring Beta Reader - I write romance and fantasy. What I would look for in a beta reader is someone who can spot plot holes, inconsistencies in the plot or character, and confusing sentences. Basically anything which stops a reader in their tracks and pulls them out of the story. I hope that helps.

I have a critique group which disbanded with covid and need readers to help with my manuscripts if you are interested. One is a romantic suspense and the other is a middle-grade/young adult fantasy. I could send a first chapter of either if you might be interested.

I'm also new to this forum and still figuring out how things work.

wilsadfar

Post by wilsadfar » January 17th, 2022, 7:46 am

Hi everyone, I'm new here, I hope to make friends!

Bort Patgia

Post by Bort Patgia » June 16th, 2022, 1:54 am

Hello everyone, I'm new here. My name is Bort Patgia (Pen name). My interest lies in video games, reading ebooks (mostly pirated, hahaha), and writing. I already have 3 manuscripts already finished, it just needs a clean flooring since I've been rejected more 20 times. Also, I am a 3rd year college majoring in BS Psychology. Should I include academic learning as parts of my interest? I feel like it supposed to be part of it. I hope I can make some friends here and yeah... :D :D :D :D

MxDaniel

Post by MxDaniel » July 20th, 2022, 6:11 pm

Heyo! I'm Daniel Catherine (Dani for short). I'm originally from Connecticut in the United States, but I now live in the state of Georgia. My favorite genres to write are superhero and supernatural stories, but I'm also working on a fantasy story and a dystopian future story. Yeah, that's a thing with me; I'm able to work on multiple WIPs (I currently have over ten). I'm looking for a critique partner to help with my dystopian future story. I'm more than happy to offer beta services in return! I'm here because I really want to hone my writing skills and finish at least five of my WIPs, and I definitely need help with both. I've rambled enough. Happy writing!