The Introduction Thread

New member introductions, suggestions for the Forums, questions about posting, and important announcements.
Princesisto

Re: The Introduction Thread

Post by Princesisto » September 25th, 2019, 11:30 pm

No one is welcoming us, so let's welcome each other!

Bine ai venit, Marina!

CarloBos

Post by CarloBos » September 27th, 2019, 10:40 am

Hello writers! A quick intro about me. I've been receiving Nathan's newsletter for over a year and never posted. I have written 4 mystery novels and 2 are audiobooks. I'm working on my 5th novel and still struggle as if the first. I'm hoping to get feedback from others here on my new book or marketing. I'm happy to reciprocate so let me know if anyone is looking for a writing buddy.

And I second Marina's suggestion. Welcome all.
Cheers
Charles

nlshippen

Post by nlshippen » October 27th, 2019, 4:49 pm

Hello Everyone, I'm Naomi and I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I have recently completed my contemporary literary fiction novel and I am looking for feedback and to meet other writers. Looking forward to being a part of this community. Cheers, Naomi.

Princesisto

Post by Princesisto » November 3rd, 2019, 12:46 am

Welcome and g'day, Naomi, from the next best thing to an Aussie - a Kiwi! I am always looking for good Beta Readers for my many short stories and soon my novel manuscript. Give us a PM if you want to exchange anything.

lynellebarrett

Post by lynellebarrett » March 9th, 2020, 3:23 am

Hi, everyone! I write paranormal historical fiction with strong romantic undercurrents (quite the mouthful!), and am currently working on a Victorian murder mystery. My favorite era is the American Revolution, but thus far, I only have one book in that setting -- I'm presently seeking an agent for it! Side note: I've been querying different books for 10 years, so I'm definitely ready to get more serious about it. I'm so glad I found this forum! :)

tomdellaringa

Post by tomdellaringa » March 9th, 2020, 3:59 pm

Good Afternoon!

I've been hesitant to join an online writer's forum, but things look pretty solid here. I'm going to give it a go. My name is Tom Dell'Aringa. I'm a science fiction writer from the Chicago area.

I've been self-publishing graphic novels since 2008, and successfully ran two Kickstarter campaigns to fund print runs (I've published 6 stories of various lengths in total). I've been writing prose for years and decided to put away the digital pen. My first project was a Christmas short story to raise funds for the hungry during the holidays titled Punch and Candy at Christmas.

I finished my first novel late 2019 and queried. I am currently working with an agent on my submission with an eye toward representation. Waiting on round two of feedback. It's a sci-fi novel tentatively titled Blanchland Blues.

I also just completed an 11k-word sci-fi short story titled Stinger. I'm in the process of organizing Beta Readers for feedback.

Happy to be here. My website is at http://www.tomdellaringa.com/