Looking for critique partner for women's fiction/chick lit

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
spauff

Looking for critique partner for women's fiction/chick lit

Post by spauff » August 5th, 2012, 4:20 pm

Hello! I'm looking for a critique partner interested in reading my manuscript. It's had a one full critique, as well as several chapter critiques, and been edited and rewritten numerous times, but I think it needs one more full read before I start querying.

I'm cutting it right now -- ideally I'd like to get it down to around 100,000 words. What I need in a critique partner is someone to read those 100,000-105,000 words and tell me what doesn't make sense, what things annoy them that might need to be changed and to fix any glaring grammar mistakes and typos.

In return, I'm willing to read almost any genre -- with the exception of epic/high fantasy (think Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings). I don't read a lot of those novels, so I doubt I would be much help. Any other fantasy genre is okay though.

The basic premise (I haven't written a formal synopsis yet) is this: Joanna, an introverted but imaginative bookstore clerk, discovers she has the ability to bring to life any fictional character she wants simply by writing about them. Once she figures this out, she decides to write the perfect boyfriend for her friend, Cristen, who has just had her heart broken for the millionth time. But no matter how many revisions and rewrites Jo suffers through, she can't seem to create any sparks between Cristen and her "Mr. Write," — a problem that becomes even more serious when Jo is confronted by remnants of her past, forcing her to recognize her real reasons for attempting to create the man of her dreams.

If you're interested, reply to this thread.

guichizango

Re: Looking for critique partner for women's fiction/chick lit

Post by guichizango » August 6th, 2012, 1:35 pm

I'm interested. I sent you a message.