Looking for a critique partner/beta for my mainstream novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
jesslh21

Looking for a critique partner/beta for my mainstream novel

Post by jesslh21 » July 6th, 2012, 1:05 pm

Hi, everyone! I'm relatively new to these forums but am really excited about working with everyone. I'm looking for a beta/critique partner for my mainstream novel, How to Defeat a Ninja. In short, it is about a guy who winds up naked in the wrong girl's bed during the blizzard of the century, and then with nothing better to do, he joins his new found friends on the local radio station's scavenger hunt to find the Nefarious Ninja and win ten thousand dollars.

I'm happy to read and critique in return! Please let me know if you're interested!

mamajess

Re: Looking for a critique partner/beta for my mainstream novel

Post by mamajess » October 12th, 2012, 9:55 pm

Hey :) I'm looking for a critque partner as well. You're story sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if you would be interested in mine.... I'll post the query below to give you an idea of what it's about and then let me know :) Thanks

When Anna took on the daunting task of restoring Matt to a state of sobriety, she never expected to fall in love; and she certainly wouldn’t have guessed the object of her desire would be Matt's father.

Before passing out and hitting the floor, Matt drunkenly declares his love for Anna. Knowing that Matt is tottering between depression and sanity, she wishes she could fix everything by telling him she loves him back, but she just can’t. So she decides to search for someone who can.

Perhaps the solution lies with Matt’s father, Tom. Despite the fact that everyone believes he is dead, after finding his old journal Anna has reason to believe otherwise. Embarking on a search through shark infested waters to a hellish island in the middle of nowhere, she discovers that the man she is looking for is indeed alive. A father’s love certainly isn’t the same as the love of a woman, but Anna hopes it will be enough to bring Matt back to himself.

However, a wrench is thrown into her plans when she finds herself falling for Tom. Now the man who is supposed to be Matt’s saviour could be the man who ends up bringing him more pain and heartbreak.