Looking for critique parner for crime thriller in progress

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
WendyReid

Looking for critique parner for crime thriller in progress

Post by WendyReid » July 4th, 2012, 8:55 pm

Hello,

A good friend of mine suggested this site as a great place to find beta readers. I am presently working on my second thriller and could really use some experienced critique. I wrote my first book with the help of an internet friend with an English degree but I can see now how much better it could have been with some help from experienced writers.

In return, I will offer my full attention to your work needing critique and give you my best opinions/suggestions in terms of making your story the best that it can be.

Please send me a message if you are interested. Anxiously awaiting to hear from you.

Wendy

WendyReid

Re: Looking for critique parner for crime thriller in progress

Post by WendyReid » July 21st, 2012, 10:17 pm

Not one person interested in helping me out and having their own work critiqued in the process? I was told that this was the place to go to find beta readers. I'm not asking for a one-sided favor, but a fair trade. Whatever my stories lack from inexperience, they make up for in page turning action that has been called "addictive" by several readers. :D

Bruce_S

Post by Bruce_S » August 8th, 2020, 12:17 am

Wendy,
I suggest you post a paragraph synopsis and opening to attract attention.

I’m looking for a critique partner for my 90k word crime novel/psychological thriller. I sent it to agents but was rejected and I’m wide open to critiques to improve it. My criteria for critiquing your book is your protagonist and storyline have to engage me, and I’d like you to read enough of mine so you feel the same.

Storyline:
Journalist JuShon investigates the death of a young woman found dressed in an ancient Roman gown, lying in the redwood forest above Oakland. Meanwhile, a former high tech executive stalks a woman who does expressive dance to jazz on a stripper’s pole. As the first body becomes two then three, JuShon finds she is being investigated in return.

Opening:
To reach the body before the crime scene techs threw a tent over it, JuShon ran through the gloom, dancing between dark the potholes and erosion ditches that pocked the hard clay trail. Rounding a bend, she stopped short—a policeman lit by the orange glow of his cigarette, stood at the entrance to the forest path up the mountainside. A young couple sat on a stump near the cop, arms wrapped around each other, hunched over like mushrooms in the moonlight. She couldn't distinguish words, but heard the boy's choked fearful tone, and girl's soothing response. Witnesses.
JuShon checked the gps Video-Bob had sent her. Due west, up the slope. She grabbed branches and pulled herself up, and with her phone on dim, side-stroked through intertwined oak and thorny nettle. V-Bob had promised her the body was “ultimate cool, blow-out news.”
Bright spotlights twinkled through the brush, and she clawed her way to the edge of an illuminated teardrop shaped clearing of grass and brush. A policewoman unrolled yellow crime tape, tying it to trees, while two techs walked a grid pattern, eyes on the ground. Two more knelt, working on something hidden behind bright yellow flowering scotch broom—the body.

If interested, please respond.

jspierto

Post by jspierto » August 29th, 2020, 8:45 am

I'm interested and new to this site for beta readers/critique partners. I write psychological thrillers and have an agent but am looking for more beta readers before submitting my current WIP. Please email me at jspierto@hotmail.com

mkpreston

Post by mkpreston » November 5th, 2020, 2:25 pm

Hi Wendy,
I just joined this site with the expectation of finding a CP for a detective thriller I have written. It has gone through numerous edits and is now about 80K words. Since your novel is also in this genre, I thought we might mesh well together. If you are still looking for a partner, please email me at mpreston7@verizon.net.

CharacterAssassin

Post by CharacterAssassin » December 10th, 2020, 10:18 pm

Oh thank God! I'm at 90k words and have been told that's way too many. For. A. Thriller.
I'm open if the work grabs me.