Looking for Crit Partner for Middle Grade coming-of-age

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
DanaE

Looking for Crit Partner for Middle Grade coming-of-age

Post by DanaE » January 28th, 2012, 12:30 am

Hello,

I am on my 5th revision of my novel (40,000 word count). It is a humorous, yet tender, coming-of-age novel based on the stories my father told me while growing up in Texas in the early 1950s.

I am currently a school counselor and I have published academic articles during my former life as a counselor educator at a university located in the Southeast. This is my first attempt at fiction.

Friends and family say they love the book - it makes them laugh and cry - but that's why they're called friends and family. I need an open, honest opinion, because, well, I'd like my MS to be good.

I'll return the favor by reading your (any) Middle Grade, (any) Children, any (non-paranormal, non-dystopian) YA, and any memoir MS.

For a sample of my writing, you can go to my blog at http://momslifeponderings.wordpress.com The blog is mainly about mom stuff, but I have
several posts about my w-i-p (including some pictures of the characters and the first 250 words.)

Thanks!
Dana