Seeking critique partner for urban fantasy

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
sheribomb

Seeking critique partner for urban fantasy

Post by sheribomb » December 14th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Hi, there! I'm seeking a critique partner for my urban fantasy manuscript. The intended audience is adults and it is not a romance (although there might be a love story). Here's a one-line pitch: A young magical inspector is grounded in Baltimore as punishment, where he gets wrapped up with an enterprising fortune teller, a predatory bartender, and a mysterious mind-control factory that threatens everything he has to live for.

I have a completed 75,000-word manuscript that I would like critiqued, but I was hoping we could start with the first 30 pages so we can see if we’re a good fit from there. The ms has already been edited for spelling/grammar/etc. and I’m looking for an big-picture-type critique (focusing on character, plot, voice, etc.). I'm hoping to find someone who can provide feedback pretty quickly, as my plan is to start either querying or revising at the beginning of the new year (New Year's resolutions and all).

In exchange, I'm willing to provide whatever feedback you're looking for. I'm pretty good at big-picture and small-picture critiques and I'm a decent proofreader. I can usually get back to you pretty quickly (within a week). Genres I'm most interested in are urban fantasy, fantasy and historical fiction (YA is fine), although I read some literary fiction, sci-fi, paranormal romance and women's fiction, too.

Please reply or PM me if you're interested!

Scott VanKirk

Re: Seeking critique partner for urban fantasy

Post by Scott VanKirk » January 31st, 2012, 2:20 pm

HI, have you found a critique partner yet?

-Scott VanKirk