YA Supernatural-Romance Needs an Honest Critique

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
washingtonwriter1968

YA Supernatural-Romance Needs an Honest Critique

Post by washingtonwriter1968 » July 15th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Are you interested? I am writing fast , but I am wondering about how it stands in the eyes of another. :arrow: This WIP is definitely going out to the publishing field for consideration, so I am needing it to be held in the strictest confidence. :!: Experience with dealing with a publisher is a plus.
Please be honest with me. :!: Well maybe not so honest that I end up :cry: But enough to make me a sucess :!:
Washington Writer
Thx 4 your time
http://washington1968.livejournal.com/

Chantelle.S.

Re: YA Supernatural-Romance Needs an Honest Critique

Post by Chantelle.S. » July 20th, 2011, 8:41 pm

I'm interested!!! I'm writing in a similar genre so I'd LOVE to help you out! I don't have any experience with publishers or agents, though, but I can still be a second pair of eyes if you need it. I have x amount of years of writing behind me, I've got a diploma in creative writing, and I've been doing beta-work for several writers in the past three years, so I'll be able to give you decent crit.
That's my sales pitch. Though, I'm sure if a published author comes along and offers up their time to help you, you'll grab onto the opportunity ( in which case, no hard feelings, I'd probably do the same!)
"Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s." -Stephen King

http://smithee24.blogspot.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1570694/Clairavance

washingtonwriter1968

Post by washingtonwriter1968 » July 21st, 2011, 11:48 am

Chantelle.S. wrote:I'm interested!!! I'm writing in a similar genre so I'd LOVE to help you out! I don't have any experience with publishers or agents, though, but I can still be a second pair of eyes if you need it. I have x amount of years of writing behind me, I've got a diploma in creative writing, and I've been doing beta-work for several writers in the past three years, so I'll be able to give you decent crit.
That's my sales pitch. Though, I'm sure if a published author comes along and offers up their time to help you, you'll grab onto the opportunity ( in which case, no hard feelings, I'd probably do the same!)
Yes I am Interested!!!! I am not necessarily looking for some one with publishing experience. My point was to say confidence is something I wish to strictest issue, and that if someone had that it would be an added bonus for me. Still I like your work and I think we could really help each other out.

Here is my second most important issue! You must always promise to be honest with me. I will want you to feel comfortable to say it like it is.

Now for how to get my work to you, and your to me :?: :?: :?: Any Ideas :?: I can PM you my email adress or you could PM me with it!
Washington Writer
Thx 4 your time
http://washington1968.livejournal.com/

Babs in Paradise

Post by Babs in Paradise » August 8th, 2011, 10:22 am

washingtonwriter1968 wrote:Are you interested? I am writing fast , but I am wondering about how it stands in the eyes of another. :arrow: This WIP is definitely going out to the publishing field for consideration, so I am needing it to be held in the strictest confidence. :!: Experience with dealing with a publisher is a plus.
Please be honest with me. :!: Well maybe not so honest that I end up :cry: But enough to make me a sucess :!:
Possibly you are no longer looking, but I would be very interested in reading your WIP and offering up an "Honest", but "kind" crit. No experience with a publisher. Working on the same genre. Understand the need for confidentiality, sensitivity and honesty. Need to get out of my own head for a while.