Critique Group Wanted

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Gethin Lynes

Critique Group Wanted

Post by Gethin Lynes » March 4th, 2011, 4:55 am

I am looking for several (maybe as many as 6) long-term critique partners. Individual readers are great, but I have always found multiple perspectives most valuable - not to mention the fallible nature of people, no matter our good intentions - so more people means more chance of getting something done.
I have no interest in limiting myself in terms of the genres or types of writing I engage in, and a similarly are only after critique partners who are not limited in their scope of interests. I read anything I can get my hands on... ok, well... not quite, there's a mountain of crap out there, but barring poorly written chick-lit and genre fiction, I'll give it a go.
I write short stories, am working on a novel (with more gestating), graphic novel scripts, comic scripts, and hackneyed, self-indulgent poetry (but I like the process, if not the end result). I like fantasy, literary fiction, dabbling in sci-fi, classics, pulp, and the dark side of humanity. I am fascinated with the messiness of people and their lives, and how we manage to fuck ourselves up even more than the world already does.
So, if anyone is interested in examining each other's work, on an ongoing basis, and is open to working on whatever each of us needs help with, get in touch.