Want a Crit Partner? Yea, me too!

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
mightymouse88

Want a Crit Partner? Yea, me too!

Post by mightymouse88 » October 5th, 2010, 1:35 pm

My WIP is Rebel In Remission, a gritty lit fic that follows Rocky, a feisty undergrad with a closet full of skeletons. It is character driven with a suspenseful plot. I like to push social boundaries (or maybe buttons) in family, love, success, and drugs.

I took the first two months of this MS to let my creativity go wild (adding up to over 80 pages), in the last month I waded through all the raw material and fine tuned the plot, the characters, the theme... everything into the very focused 5 chapters of Draft 1. It's still a first draft, but - given the rewrite- it's reads like a 2nd at least.

I'm open to reading just about anything, I don't check grammar, so I wouldn't expect my crit partner to do so either. I would really like to get an informed opinion about what I have so far, and I would love to do the same for another writer : )

Please email me or reply to the post with a synopsis of your own and we can trade samples. If it works, we can be partners.

Thanks
Erica
P.S. my blog (which has some of my WIP) ismightymouse88-hypotheticallyspeaking.blogspot.com and my email is smithem@bgsu.edu

pavloviandoggy

Re: Want a Crit Partner? Yea, me too!

Post by pavloviandoggy » October 6th, 2010, 5:21 pm

If you're open to other genres, I would gladly trade manuscripts. I've been working on a high fantasy novel with a lot of religious themes. It revolves around Deccaura, a queen that has an affair before her kingdom is invaded. Mine is already finished at 120,000 words but I can just send you the first few chapters. I have a friend that's an english teacher that can help me with the grammar. I just need someone to give me an opinion on writing skill, plot consisteny, etc.

jzweig

Re: Want a Crit Partner? Yea, me too!

Post by jzweig » October 25th, 2010, 12:40 pm

I'd be interested in trading too. If you want to trade the first ten, see if we're a fit, that'd be cool. We can discuss how to go about it after we've agreed.

Query below:
Out of the closed community of the Nine, the newest evolution of Man proceeds. But once Raiana Draco, one of their top students, discovered it’s plot to use students as a means to power a warring nations’ fleet and arsenal, she’s signed up to be made into a battery for that very thing. But thanks to the loving instructor she escaped into a fractured United States.

Hunted by the academy and its ally, The Coalition of United Territories, in a world nearly devoid of magic, she must survive a science driven society by soliciting her services to a military union who wages a secret war against them.
With war already in motion, she quickly gains her commander’s trust and is assigned to a special team to protect the countries last stockpile of vital resources.

But not all is what it seems.

Rai and her company must traverse the hostile territory as they are pushed to their limits by fatigue, persecution, and misled by a traitorous mind. But the wolf among their sheep discovers his union’s details about the stockade. An emergency wormhole device designed to retrieve other agents of war from alternate worlds. The C.U.T. need their homegrown batteries to make it work. And only her father has the answers for them to stop them.

The traitor leads to the companies escape and advance on their mission, but they must remain vigilant. They race against time and decaying moral unsure what awaits them at the end of their road: salvation or destruction.

THE END BEGINS is a Science Fiction story at 90,000 words. It is my first novel.
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Mohammad Ali

http://storiesofsleeplessmind.blogspot.com/
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/jzwegii