Looking for Critique parter for Mystery, Children's book etc

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
Babslighthouse

Looking for Critique parter for Mystery, Children's book etc

Post by Babslighthouse » September 8th, 2010, 11:22 am

I have to be honest this is all new to me. I have only had a friend a few family members read some of my work. I really would like some opinions from people who will help me and be honest. I know family and all mean well. Right now I have a children's book that is done but going back over it. It is 1055 words. I also have a mystery that is 21,698 words and a Romance suspense that is 31,998 both of those I need to expand. I am more then happy to do the same for someone else. Fresh eyes always seem to help.

Thank you

wonderactivist

Re: Looking for Critique parter for Mystery, Children's book etc

Post by wonderactivist » September 18th, 2010, 8:59 pm

Dear Babs,

I will be honored to partner with you, but be warned that I have an 87,000 word mystery and a second one in the works. I certainly wouldn't expect you to read the whole books unless you just wanted to. I owe Karma because I've had 13 beta-readers, none close friends.

One way to find beta-readers is to put a note on your Facebook that you won't accept friends but that you would appreciate it if they would forward the reader-request to THEIR friends who read in this genre. That's how I found most of mine--still haven't met most of them.

Either way, I think we would be a good match because my mysteries have a romantic sub-plot.

Watm regards,

Lucie