Seek British Beta Reader for Upmarket Fiction/Suspense Novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
bigbird

Seek British Beta Reader for Upmarket Fiction/Suspense Novel

Post by bigbird » January 4th, 2023, 4:11 am

Hi Fellow Writers:

I hope to find a British-born reader who enjoys literary-leaning fiction to critique my novel. I will happily return the favour. The novel has been professionally edited and, at 108,000 words, is a swift read, I’m told. It is set in London and Australia, primarily in 1999-2000. I am not native to England, so need a Brit to comment on the idioms, mannerisms, social conventions, etc.

Timing wise, the sooner we can do this, the better, though I will certainly wait if needed. I can promise a thorough critique of your work, ideally in a similar genre. (I am not a good judge of sci-fi, fantasy, romance.) Thank you and feel free to email me from the toolbar above. Best, Shirley

mariahcarey

Re: Seek British Beta Reader for Upmarket Fiction/Suspense Novel

Post by mariahcarey » April 21st, 2023, 12:49 am

You may also want to consider using beta reader matching services, such as Beta Readers Hub or BetaBooks, which can connect you with beta readers based on your genre and specific needs.
blossom word game

bigbird

Post by bigbird » April 28th, 2023, 10:50 am

Thank you ladygaga. For anyone who should see this, I am no longer looking for a beta reader. All is well and I hope with you too. Bigbird

bigbird

Post by bigbird » May 9th, 2023, 11:58 am

That is very kind emmaorabelle. Great suggestions and thank you. Though I think I am set now and no longer seeking a Beta Reader. Best, bigbird

LadyLit

Post by LadyLit » May 27th, 2023, 2:35 am

So glad you found a beta reader, bigbird! If you find still more advice from across the pond might help, or for any of you looking for a UK connection, you might check out Litopia, a big online writers' community based in London (mostly UK but worldwide members).

bigbird

Post by bigbird » June 1st, 2023, 10:14 am

Thank you LadyLit.

carinamon

Post by carinamon » August 17th, 2023, 5:50 am

Websites like Goodreads, Reddit's writing subreddits, or writing-focused forums often have sections where you can seek beta readers. Specify that you're looking for a British beta reader and describe your novel's genre.
Immaculate Grid

Thomas White

Post by Thomas White » August 28th, 2023, 12:29 am

so what we can see in your photo was just floor lands ?