Looking for reader: YA Fantasy/Adventure, 75,000 words

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
mlschrader

Looking for reader: YA Fantasy/Adventure, 75,000 words

Post by mlschrader » November 30th, 2022, 5:49 pm

Hello all! Maybe its a bit of a longshot, but I would really appreciate if anyone out there were able to provide some feedback/critiques on my current work in progress. It's a found family adventure that plays with the question of destiny vs free will by twisting the classic prophecy trope. I've worked to include a range of diverse, representative characters, and issues of sexuality and disability are especially intrinsic to the characters.

For a basic summary, think "Parent Trap" meets DnD. Our protagonist takes her sister's place when she is unable to fulfill her role in a prophecy to save the kingdom of Neasa. As she works to shape herself into the savior of legend, she aligns herself with an assortment of unexpected heroes - an awkward mage with partial deafness, a flightless fairie, a secretive assassin, a warrior from a foreign land, and the one person that could reveal her true identity to the world.

I certainly appreciate that this is a big ask, but I would be grateful to anyone who might be willing to offer feedback, even if only to part of the story. This WIP has been a big part of my life for a few years now and I'm eager to see it to its end. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll get in contact with the text. Thanks for your time!