Beta/Sensitivity Reader for 85k Contemporary Novel

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
stkinthemud

Beta/Sensitivity Reader for 85k Contemporary Novel

Post by stkinthemud » September 19th, 2022, 6:02 pm

I'm looking for and beta/sensitivity reader who is knowledgeable about feminism for my 85k, darkly humorous Contemporary Novel. This book portrays one of the most misogynistic communities on the internet, incels, and I want to make sure that it delivers a solid feminist message. I'm happy to read your novel in return for your feedback.

Pitch:
In a culture that often portrays South Asian men as either sexless or sexual predators, 29-year-old Aryan Chandlo has struck out with every woman he has ever approached. It isn’t only because he’s Indian American, of course, but he doesn’t know that. He seeks help with dating where most millennials seek help — the internet — and finds the involuntary celibate (incel) community on Reddit. Among these edgelords and gamer geeks, a subgroup of Indian incels (currycels) tell him exactly what he wants to hear: it isn’t his fault he is alone; it’s women’s fault for being racist against Indian men. Over time, Aryan is drawn deeper and deeper into their misogynistic and defeatist ideology, posting rants denouncing feminism, which he believes enables women’s racism towards Indian men. Firmly invested in what he believes is a righteous crusade, he enrolls in a gender studies graduate program to “educate” feminists about how men are victimized by women. In studying gender, however, he comes to an important realization: feminism isn’t the cause of his problems, it’s the solution.

Content Warning: This book contains foul language, sexual situations, sexually suggestive drawings, hatred, misogyny, racism, sexism, genderism, ableism, ageism, homophobia, transphobia, fat-shaming, slut-shaming, kink-shaming, depression, self-loathing, suicidal ideation, death threats, rape threats, and an obscene amount of cringe. This book is not intended for children.