Looking for a CP or Beta Reader

Critique partners are worth their weight in gold. So (checking financial page) like $20,000 a pound.
kirstiedutton90

Looking for a CP or Beta Reader

Post by kirstiedutton90 » August 13th, 2022, 11:23 pm

I am looking for a new CP or beta reader for this alternative history/romance fiction series I have been writing for a while now. I've already written 2 books and onto the third book (don't know yet how many books I will end up with).

Warning: Not your cup of tea if your adverse to organized religion. I'm not religious myself but as this is set in an alternative of Renaissance Europe, the story does have its own version of Catholicism and Protestantism.

Background: I am obsessed with Tudor history and this story is basically the culmination of my own imaginations and opinions of the history of Western Europe in that era, with added fiction elements to make it a romance fiction.

Synopsis:

When God tells Emelia "Em" Kraven to leave Brittania for the country of Frankia across the Neutral Channel, Em does not hesitate to uproot her and her older brother before the new King Edward has a chance to force them to convert from the Old Religion to the New Religion. But did God really save them? Stuck in the libertine Frankian court, Em watches as her brother and her expatriate friends willingly dive into the licentious customs and entertainment of the court in front of her eyes while from afar, she watches her beloved former mistress Princess Mary be bullied and harassed by King Edward into converting to the New Religion. Dangers also lurk for Em despite the low profile she has maintained since escaping Brittania. When the bachelor Frankian king casts his eyes on her, the one woman at court who wanted nothing to do with being in his country in the first place, how is she supposed to fight a battle on multiple fronts to keep her soul for herself?

Please inquire if you're interested in reading the first three chapters! I'd love someone who gives a LOT of feedback!

BLJordan

Re: Looking for a CP or Beta Reader

Post by BLJordan » August 30th, 2022, 10:01 pm

Hello Kirstie,
I'm interested in beta reading for you. Just joined the forum and hoping to get into the process of beta reading. Happy to give lots of feedback and comments, especially if you let me know what input you need specifically. I hope to be in the need of some beta readers of my own soon, but thought I'd jump in and start paying it forward now.
Let me know how to proceed.
Kind Regards,
Berdine